Problems Posting

Reaction score
Whilst using Firefox i am unable to post anything as this box does not go white & enable me to write in it?
Where as using IE all is Ok.

Is it a problem with Firefox, The Forum or a mixture of both?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Every now and again I have a similar problem. I either use the go back button to try again or go to a different section of the forum and look a different thread, then go back to try again. I always use FF.

user.gif

Reaction score
Still got the problem whenever on the forum using FF.

Having to use IE to type this!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry guys, been away this weekend for a wedding (5th this year!) - I'll take a look at this tomorrow as I've just got back now :)

I'll test it out in FF and see if I can sort it :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I just posted on a thread with lots of pics and the box stayed grey until all the pics had loaded. Took about a minute then it went white and I could write in it .

user.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm posting this as a test in FF now, and I think the problem is as Abarbarian says - if all the images on the page aren't loaded then it won't enable the editor. IE renders things differently so it works as soon as the code is loaded
nod.gif

I'm not sure why it would take so long to load the images though :confused:. Does it happen all the time and have you tried leaving the page for a little while to see if it bounces into action?

I'm trying a few things now to see if I can change how it works, as a few people have suggested fixes on the vBulletin software forum :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I have a slow broadband conection and at peak times it can slow down a bit more.Most of the time the site works A ok. It does not really bother me too much as there is always something else to look at on the site and I can always go back and have another go.

The problem with the grey box seems random though. I only noticed the picture loading thing by accident so can not give any more info.

user.gif

Reaction score
I can put words in the Title: of a thread but the rest of it is impossible.
It still does not let me write anything whilst using FF.
Could it be a setting problem my end?
And this site is the only site i have a problem with when using FF.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll try changing your message box options and see if that will do it - try again in 2 mins, as this might work :)

Ask a Question