Problem with zonealarm on windows xp home, please help?

Sonu

I am running Windows XP Home, and I have ZoneAlarm v4
installed and my computer has two user names, my sister
is on a limited account and I have the full one.
Everytime my sister logs in, ZoneAlarm always pops up
saying getting started with ZoneAlarm. This never happens
on my Username only on hers, I have tried putting her
username on a full account but it's still the same
problem. Can anyone help me, please? I need your help,
thanks very much!

pauly [MSFT]

Sonu,
Your sister's profile is launching the Zone Alarm Getting Started applet.
This happens whether you configure her account as an Administrator or
limited user. There must be a reference to the Zone Alarm applet in your
sister's startup configuration - typically in the Startup folder or in the
Run key in the registry.

RECOMMENDATION:
- Log in using your Sister's account and check the Startup folder for the
Zone Alarm Getting Started applet:
Start Menu | Programs | Startup
- If the Zone Alarm applet is not in the Startup list, it may be in the
registry. Choose Start | Run |and type in MSConfig
- On the last tab - Startup, look for the Zone Alarm Getting Started item
- If you find it, uncheck it and restart to test.
- If you do not see the Zone Alarm item you can go back to the General tab
and choose Selective Startup
- Under Selective Startup, uncheck Load Startup Items. Restart to test.
- Once you identify the source of the startup item, you can remove the item
and use MSConfig to set your startup environment back to normal startup.

MORE INFORMATION:

310560 How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

310353 How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310353

316434 HOW TO: Perform Advanced Clean-Boot Troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316434

=========

Windows XP Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/security/default.asp

Windows 2000 Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/security/default.asp

Top 10 Windows Newsgroups Security Questions:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/newsgroups/default.asp?url=/technet/newsgro
ups/nodepages/sectop10.asp

=========
Paul Hayes, MCSE