Problem with sysprep with vista

fegume

Hello,
I install one HP laptop with Windows vista Enterprise with ours applications
and run sysprep.exe /oobe /generalize

so shutdown computer. I run Winpe CD + imagex, and built image:
imagex /capture c: d:\imagen.wim "Imagen vista"

D: It´s hd external, It when finish.

I run master computer and show me this error:

Windows could not parse or process the unattend answer file for pass
[specialize].
The settings specified in the answer file cannot be applied.
The error was detected while processing settings for component
[Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup].

Ok, I click ok and show other error:

The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error.
Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to
restart the computer, then restart the installation

I click ok and restar computer.

HELP, I need help, please.

If your know other application for delete SID, please say me.

Thank you all!!!!

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Felipe,
What is in that section of the unattended.xml file?
Here is one article on that error message showing an example of what may be
causing it to happen?
934308 Error message when you use the Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup
component to install Windows Vista on a computer: "Windows could not parse
or process unattend answer file"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;934308

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

|> From: =?Utf-8?B?ZmVndW1l?= <[email protected]>
|> Subject: Problem with sysprep with vista
|> Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 04:34:02 -0800
|> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
|>
|> Hello,
|> I install one HP laptop with Windows vista Enterprise with ours
applications
|> and run sysprep.exe /oobe /generalize
|>
|> so shutdown computer. I run Winpe CD + imagex, and built image:
|> imagex /capture c: d:\imagen.wim "Imagen vista"
|>
|> D: It´s hd external, It when finish.
|>
|> I run master computer and show me this error:
|>
|> Windows could not parse or process the unattend answer file for pass
|> [specialize].
|> The settings specified in the answer file cannot be applied.
|> The error was detected while processing settings for component
|> [Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup].
|>
|> Ok, I click ok and show other error:
|>
|> The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error.
|> Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to
|> restart the computer, then restart the installation
|>
|> I click ok and restar computer.
|>
|> HELP, I need help, please.
|>
|> If your know other application for delete SID, please say me.
|>
|> Thank you all!!!!
|> --
|> Felipe
|> MCSE + M
|> http://www.videosit.net
|> http://fegume.blogspot.com/

Seth

fegume said:
Hello,
I install one HP laptop with Windows vista Enterprise with ours
applications
and run sysprep.exe /oobe /generalize

so shutdown computer. I run Winpe CD + imagex, and built image:
imagex /capture c: d:\imagen.wim "Imagen vista"

D: It´s hd external, It when finish.

I run master computer and show me this error:

Windows could not parse or process the unattend answer file for pass
[specialize].
The settings specified in the answer file cannot be applied.
The error was detected while processing settings for component
[Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup].

Please post the contents of C:\WINDOWS\PANTHER\UNATTEND.XML