Problem with start Menu in XP

Jim_SOHO

I have a problem that I have never encountered before and am asking for help
please.

I have lost the ability to right click a program in my start menu and pin it
or make a short cut etc.

When I click any program group in my start menu nothing happens.

I am not using the classic start menu.

Can anyone please offer some help with this problem?

Thanks

Jim

Jim_SOHO

David, can you tell me how to do that please ?

Thanks

Jim

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Enable Drag n Drop in Start's Properties.

Jim_SOHO

David, I found it.

Thank you very much for your help, it was one of those things that was going
to drive me nuts !

Thanks again,

Jim

Shenan Stanley

Jim_SOHO said:
David, can you tell me how to do that please ?

I'm not David, but hopefully he will not mind my chirping in here -
continuing his good work.

Right-Click the Start Button, select "Properties".. In there you will find a
tab for taskbar and a tab for start menu.. select the start menu tab. Then
click on the "Customize" button and the "Advanced tab". In the scroll
list - find "Enable Dragging and Dropping" and make sure it is checked. OK
your way out.

Strangely - if I searched with the built-in help and support for the obvious
terms - I find no refrence on how to do this.

Jim_SOHO

I really appreciate the help, its a terrific resource to be able to hop on
and get terrific help from knowledgeable and friendly folk.

Thanks once again,

Jim

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
The name of it is not obvious either.