Problem with settlers IV (fatal error)

Reaction score
hey i just got a brand new computer with good graphics and memory and i installed settlers IV and this error notice came up:

S4_main.exe - Fatal error
Fatal error: Exception 0xc0000094 at 0x004e19a6!

How can i get it working? Please help me, thanks

Reaction score
got help from ubi the answer was go on settlers IV properties go to compatability tab and edit the settings there

Reaction score
Fatal error problems with The Settlers IV

Chowie, i have the exact same problem, i get fatal error when i try start the game, and than i try to install The trojans and the elexir of power and i get the exact same up on my screen as u got (and u posted a picture off). but when i "target" my "The settlers IV" folder in "my computer", and i press properties, i got no option/tab thats named compatability.... could you please explain to me how you got it to work ? i'm alittle new to computers, and the whole setup... but i have playd settlers IV befor... and i realy want to play it again...
Please help me, Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
sure, i know how it feels when you want to play settlers but cant hehe love that game.

First make sure you have the settlers icon on your desktop, just drag it on if its not already there.

Then right click it and click on properties, you should now see a compatibility tab on the top, click it. set the mode to windows 98/ windows Me and tick the box to run it in that compatibility.

Click apply then ok and try re launching the game this should hope fully work for you.

sorry about the late reply good luck

Reaction score
no problem :) wish i could figure out how to play that online with other people though, maybe you have to pay to do that im not sure :p

Reaction score
Settlers IV crashes!

Hi all.
I also have a problem with my much loved settlers IV!
I have an Original New Disk, and it has installed on my AMD 4200 Computer Fine!
I can Play the game for a while, then after a coupple of hours it Crashes and returns to Windows screen!
When I restart the Game it works OK for a while, I can save my Games and so-on, then it Crashes again.
Would the Update PATCH you reffer to above FIX this???
I have been told it could be a Driver issue, but why would it work at all if this is the case???
Help!
gillygirl2018

Last edited:

Ask a Question