Problem with my PC sound card

Reaction score
Hope I got it in the right forum. Ive got a problem with my sound card. I have a cmi8738/c3dx pci audio device and it says 5.12.1.6.43. The trouble im having is playing online games with this and logitech stereo usb 250 headset. What happens is when ive got the headset plugged in it works fine. When im on my online game I pull the plug out the sound does not come out the speakers again and the only way I can sort is by re booting P.C. Ive spoken to the manufacturers of the headset and they say it should auto switch back. Ive noticed that when I go into my drivers and devices via my control panel it has a ? (question mark) beside multimedia audio controller and that no drivers can be found. Can anyone help?

Many Thanks

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Do you need to use the 'Safely remove hardware' icon in the system tray? Usually USB devices shouldn't just be unplugged.

Reaction score
I dont have remove hardware

Hi there I had a look and I dont have remove hardware. Ive got win XP with SP2

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ok, and you do have the drivers installed for everything? Check in 'Add and Remove Programs' for the sound card drivers. Maybe worth reinstalling the latest ones from the manufacturers website.

:)

Ask a Question