Problem with Inking image in 11x17

All,

(I searched the forum but no message seemed to deal with this...)

I now have an older HP 5si LaserJet printer that prints 11x17. As a teacher
I am trying to take advantage of this for class displays, etc. I looked for
updated drivers but found nothing that would re-install the drivers in the
XPPro cab files. I use Word2007 Beta2.

First question: any reason the drivers for the older HP's won't work with
either Word2007 or inking?

I use a Toshiba M400 tablet running TabetPC OS (XPPro with tablet-specific
extensions). Word2007 B2 has some trouble with ink: for instance, Word will
allow ink input until the pen lifts from my tablet screen at which it
immediately turns "off".

I made an 11x17 table which was set to print portrait. At the top of the
table are five ink images. These can be moved but they seem to snap to a grid
which places them in some really odd positions, like suddenly popping them
half off the page for some [attempted] small moves. Keystroke control works
for positioning but release of the image may cause the same symptom.

Then the images often (not always!) do not show on the print-out.

I also found the process of setting the larger page size to be really
convoluted. I hope Microsoft has looked closely at these
other-than-letter-size layout and printing issues.

Does anyone know if this was a known issue fixed in B2TR? Waiting for RTM?
I also use OneNote2007 B2, and I have never been able to connect with the
offical site Connect, so have not logged this there (and it may be taken down
now that we are so close...)

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Jonathan,

The MS Connect site wasn't used for the Office 2007 Technical beta.
There were a number of printing (and some inking) issues that were fixed in the B2TR update patches (search on B2TR at
http://microsoft.com/downloads to obtain the ones needed for each MS Office 2007 product/language version you have installed) so you
may want to try the updates for that first and advise if that gives you any differences in results.

There have been some odd issues in Word 2002-2007 with some inking objects appearing in print preview but not in print, but it's not
clear at this point if that is the case here. If you print to PDF with an 11 x 17" page size do you get the same result?