Problem with autothumbnail

G

My pics are all JPG and I can insert them fine on a page. However I need to change the type on the picture properties window to gif to be able to view it in preview. I autothumbnail them and go to preview and when I click on the pick all that happens is a red x shows up. Now when I change the file name to .gif a page cannot be displayed messages shows up. What do I need to do with my jpg pics to get them to display properly without having to convert them to gif's?

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Are you doing the following:

1. File Menu | Open Web / Site?
2. Import original image into a folder within the current open web?
3. Insert each image on a page?
4. Select each image, then select create thumbnail?

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Rob said:
My pics are all JPG and I can insert them fine on a page. However I need to change the type on
the picture properties window to gif to be able to view it in preview. I autothumbnail them and go
to preview and when I click on the pick all that happens is a red x shows up. Now when I change the
file name to .gif a page cannot be displayed messages shows up. What do I need to do with my jpg
pics to get them to display properly without having to convert them to gif's?

G

Yes I tried it from a web folder and from the folder on the hdd where I originally saved the image and it wouldnt link for some reason. I got an actuall error when I changed it to a gif image.

I'm using FP 2000 by the way

T

Thomas A. Rowe

You haven't answer my questions...

I also use FP2000.

--
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Rob said:
Yes I tried it from a web folder and from the folder on the hdd where I originally saved the image
and it wouldnt link for some reason. I got an actuall error when I changed it to a gif image.

Ask a Question