problem viewing Simplified Chinese On Internet Explorer! PLEASE HELP!

NEED HELP! Urgent

Lately, i can't view Simplified Chinese on Web sites. it
display rare characters, causing the Web page not display
correctly.

In the past, i was able to view Simplified Chinese on Web
sites correctly by selecting
"View"-"Encoding"-"more"-"Simplified Chinese".

Is it there some files in Windows XP got corrupt so that
cause problems to view Simplified Chinese.

Can someone in here please help me out ?
What can i do to get back to able to view Simplified
Chinese on Web Sites?

NEED HELP! Urget

Hello! Steven Liu!

I downloaded the Internet Explorer 6 SP1 files.
there's no file named "ielpkzhc.cab" .

the ie6setup downloaded only the following .cab files:
BRANDING
IEEXINST
IEW2K_1 through 4
MAILNEWS
MPLAY2U
OEEXCEP
README
SCRIPTEN
WAB

now, what should i do to get ie6setup.exe to download
that ielpkzhc.cab file ?

Steven Liu [MSFT]

Hi,

Let's do the following steps.

1. Open the Control Panel
2. Open the Regional and Language Options
3. Go to the Advanced tab
4. Select "Chinee (PRC)" in the drop down select box and click OK
5. You may need to insert the Windows XP installation CD into the CD-ROM
6. Restart the computer

Thanks for using Microsoft News Group!

Sincerely,

Steven Liu

Microsoft Online Partner Support

MCSE 2000

This posting is provided ¡°as is¡± with no warranties and confers no rights.
| From: "NEED HELP! Urget" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "NEED HELP! Urget" <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: problem viewing Simplified Chinese On Internet Explorer!
PLEASE HELP!
| Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 05:23:17 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain
|
| Hello! Steven Liu!
| I downloaded the Internet Explorer 6 SP1 files.
| there's no file named "ielpkzhc.cab" .
| the ie6setup downloaded only the following .cab files:
| BRANDING
| IEEXINST
| IEW2K_1 through 4
| MAILNEWS
| MPLAY2U
| OEEXCEP
| README
| SCRIPTEN
| WAB
| now, what should i do to get ie6setup.exe to download
| that ielpkzhc.cab file ?

| >|
| >| Lately, i can't view Simplified Chinese on Web sites.
| it
| >| display rare characters, causing the Web page not
| display
| >| correctly.
| >|
| >| In the past, i was able to view Simplified Chinese on
| Web
| >| sites correctly by selecting
| >| "View"-"Encoding"-"more"-"Simplified Chinese".
| >|
| >| Is it there some files in Windows XP got corrupt so
| that
| >| cause problems to view Simplified Chinese.
| >|
| >| Can someone in here please help me out ?
| >| What can i do to get back to able to view Simplified
| >| Chinese on Web Sites?
| >|