*Vanguard*

"JNJ Eaton" said in news:[email protected]:
I can not run or save executables when in Internet Explorer. Have had
our comperter support guy try and figure out what is causing this,
but had no luck. This was tried on various websites to make sure it
wasn't a website problem.
I am trying to download the program off of a registered website so
that I can utilize their program. Everyone else in our office has
been able to do this, but I can't on this computer.
I would appreciate any assistance y ou can give.
Thanks,
~JNJ~

Use BHO Demon (to list browser helper objects) to see what has been added for IE. Could be one of them is interferring with the download, especially an anti-virus BHO, like what Norton's Anti-Virus uses. See if using BHO Demon to disable the BHOs and restarting IE gets your downloads to work again.

You cannot run executable files for links in IE. You can download them where you can select to save it or to "open" it (i.e., run it but that is *after* it gets downloaded). By "executables", I'm assuming you mean an .exe to which a link is provided on a web page, not Java applets, for example.

You don't really say what happens. When you click on a link to an .exe file, what happens? Do you not get a download dialog window? Is the wrong file or path listed in the download dialog? Does the download start but fail at the very end, like when your anti-virus software would kick in to check the newly created file? Do you get error messages? What?

J

JNJ Eaton

I can not run or save executables when in Internet Explorer. Have had our comperter
support guy try and figure out what is causing this, but had no luck. This was tried
on various websites to make sure it wasn't a website problem.
I am trying to download the program off of a registered website so that I can utilize
their program. Everyone else in our office has been able to do this, but I can't on
this computer.
I would appreciate any assistance y ou can give.
Thanks,
~JNJ~

Ask a Question