Problem somewhere between MovieMaker and PowerPoint

Reaction score
I am new to this forum, and am glad to have found it. By the looks of things already posted, there is a wealth of information from some very knowledgeable folks. So, in that vein, I'm going to ask if anyone has an answer to this dilemma.

Since buying my laptop 2 years ago, I've been able to create a video in MovieMaker, then import it into PowerPoint and include it into a presentation. No problem. For some reason, several weeks ago I added a clip into a presentation and when I ran the presentation the video just turned white as soon as it started to play. There was sound, but no video.

I can play a video I create in Win Media Player as well as Real Player. It's my understanding that PowerPoint uses the same MCI settings as Media Player, so I'm confused. I have done the windows update, ran Norton Win Doctor, and also uninstalled any video-oriented programs that had been installed. I even did a system restore to a previous point when it was working, but that didn't work. Finally, a few days ago I backed up everything and did a complete reformat and reinstall of the system, ran the multitude of windows updates, and reinstalled MS Office. No other additional software yet. However, it's the same problem. I am not sure what to do, nor do I know how to troubleshoot from here, and I'm hoping there is some guidance someone can offer to point me in the right direction.

Peace,

3cats1pug

Ask a Question