Problem sending email windows mail vista

John & Alice Dowdell

I have a recurring proplem sending email from my laptop , windows mail vista
.. I have no problem fom my desktop which runs Win XP outlook. Same isp, the
settings should be right , everything I read seems to talk about isp
settings how can that be ?

Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

Any chance you'd be wiling to describe the problem so we might have a clue
what's wrong?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- (e-mail address removed)
Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com

John & Alice Dowdell said:
I have a recurring proplem sending email from my laptop , windows mail
vista . I have no problem fom my desktop which runs Win XP outlook. Same
isp, the settings should be right , everything I read seems to talk about
isp settings how can that be ?
Here's some Qwest instructions you might want to check against. They
assume you are using a modem instead of broadband, though.

http://www.qwest.com/internethelp/opsystems/windows/

If you can't read .pdf files, see here to get Adobe Reader:

<http://www.winhelponline.com/articl...ectly-from-Windows-Mail-in-Windows-Vista.html>

If that doesn't help, we need more or a description of the
problem, including the entire error messages you get if any
when trying to send a message.

Also note that if your XP setup uses the HTTP protocol,
this will not work under Windows Mail.

Gary VanderMolen

It would be helpful to include the complete error message, and
let us know if you are sending from a non-home location (since
laptops are portable).

Simon said:
HI I CANT SEND EMIAL

At this polka.com?

http://www.polka.com/

It doesn't look like an internet provider, and many internet providers
won't let you connect to port 25 on email servers that cross from
one internet provider's equipment to another's, so you may have to
switch to using your internet provider's outgoing email server even
if you keep using the same incoming email server and the same return
address.

If you need help finding the name of that outgoing email server, tell
us who your internet provider is.

Gary VanderMolen

"Unexpected" termination is usually caused by interference from an
antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

If no improvement after disabling email scanning, consider upgrading
to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to suffering bad effects
from overly intrusive antivirus programs:
http://download.live.com/wlmail

Gary VanderMolen

Go to Tools, Accounts, select your mail account, Properties, Connection.
What does it show for connection?
You should leave that setting unselected, in which case Windows Mail
will use whatever connection IE uses.

Also, under Tools, Options, Connection, the first box should be checked,
and the second box unchecked.

If all that checks out, but you still have the problem, the account may be corrupted.
Delete the account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"basfreestylr" wrote in message

hi
im having aproblem with sending emails from windows mail vista,everytime
i try to send an email dial up connection displays ,saying connect to
dial up ,im using wireless connection ,dont know any help please?wot
should i do?
thank you