Problem saving attachments with redemption

Reaction score
Hello
I'm developping an addin in Outlook 2000 using VB.NET
it shows a button in the inspector that saves the current email as a MSG file in c: folder
I'm using redemption to save the email

Code:
[size=2][color=#0000ff]Dim[/color][size=2] _mailItem [/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]As[/color][/size][size=2] Outlook.MailItem = [/size]_Inspector.CurrentItem()
[/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]Dim[/color][/size][size=2] _mail [/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]As[/color][/size][size=2] Redemption.SafeMailItem = [/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]New[/color][/size][size=2] Redemption.SafeMailItem[/size]
[size=2][size=2]_mail.Item = _mailItem[/size][/size]
[size=2]_mail.SaveAs("c:\test.msg", 3)[/size][size=2][size=2]
[/size][/size]

When executed from a message within Outlook, it works fine
When executed from a message not open from Outlook, attachments are not saved, here's some details:
1) I drag&drop an email in the explorer (for instance I save it in c:\temp\test_2.msg)
2) then I open c:\temp\test_2.msg by double-clicking on it from the file explorer
3) when running the button from this instance of the inspector, the email is saved without attachments, why?
Any help appreciated, thanks

Ask a Question