problem going to last post

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
the last couple of days i've noticed that when trying to go to the last post of a thread directly from the thread list i keep getting 'error 404' and redirected to the home page

for example, new posts are being show for this thread

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2182265.php

so i click on 'last page' which usually takes me directly to the last post but i get the error, this is what shows in the address bar before redirecting me to the home page

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2182265.php&goto=lastpost

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Ah, that's strange because I thought it was only me - it's been happening to me for 1-2 days now but not all the time.

Gabs xx

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I dunno if this will help but, i use firefox and have not had this problem

EDIT: I also have the options set to 40 posts per page.

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you give me an example of the page where it happens, and what you click on exactly? Was it the "2 3 Last Post" bit?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i'll try and explain, when i click get new posts it gives the list of threads and you can choose what page to go to in that thread, when there is more than three pages you can click 'last page' (see screen grab), when i click it instead of going to the last new post i get 'error 404, page cannot be found ...' and sent back to the home page

the screen grab is of the only thread i could think of with more than 3 pages

Attachments

• screen.JPG
    screen.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 222

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thats odd - can you go to that page and refresh it? I can't replicate it at this end. If you could copy and paste a link that it gives you in here and I'll test it.

The link you posted at the start of the thread isn't going to work, as its of the wrong format, but it should be fixed on the actual new "last page" link.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I was suffering from this problem for the last few days as well but since Ian performed his earlier tweak, all is good.

It may help to clear your cache and reboot, just a suggestion.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
ok, but its only when someone has replied to a thread with more than 3 pages, so i'll have to wait for someone to reply to one of the long threads :thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Well not to throw the cat in here ... but I have always had a problem with threads whit more than 2 pages.

And you won't like to hear, that it is not a browser probem or OS problem, as I recently changed both. :D ;)

If I go to your first link ME, I only see tabs for page 1 & 2 ... if I click on page 2, I see tabs for 3 & 4

Now this is even more strange ... If I only click on tab 2 before going to the thread I can end up on page 3 or page 2, and I usually have to keep going from one page to the other before I can find where I am in the thread. Pages don't seem to exist. :confused:

It is not very easy to explain ... and sorry, just got used to it, but it has been going on for some time.

Sorry Ian, should have said something before.

:(

Do not have a problem at any other vB forum. (but other problems instead)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
If I go to your first link ME, I only see tabs for page 1 & 2 ... if I click on page 2, I see tabs for 3 & 4

Thats strange, it seems to work at my end? Can you take a screenshot for me and I'll see whats up?

muckshifter said:
Sorry Ian, should have said something before.

No worries, I'll try and fix it now :)

muckshifter

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Thats strange, it seems to work at my end? Can you take a screenshot for me and I'll see whats up?

No worries, I'll try and fix it now :)
Don't need a screen shot ... look in General Discussion at 1nt's stickied thread ... I see 1 2 3 ... but there is actually 5 pages, yes? If I click on 3 I can end up on page 4. :(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That is very wierd... anyone else get this?

I see this when I load the thread:

attachment.php

and this when I click on 3:

attachment.php

does that not happen at your end?

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    7.1 KB · Views: 229
  • 2.gif
    2.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 221

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Tell you what, I've just changed the code to show every page instead, as its not like there are any 1000 page threads ;) That should sort it Mucks!

muckshifter

Reaction score
Yep ... that is what I see also ... but I don't always get to the right page. ;)

Let me see how the "change" works and I promise to report any more anomalies.

like getting rid of the default tahoma font

muckshifter

Reaction score
err, you chaneged to the wrong one Boss .... maybe I try a screen shot ... got half hour while I figure it out?

muckshifter

Reaction score
I Try again ...

Attachments

• snapshot1.png
    snapshot1.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 201

Ask a Question