PROBLEM: Can't play streaming media

G

Hi. Just want to find out what could be causing my problem.
I recently formatted my PC due to problems I caused myself. Upon a fresh installation of Windows XP Home SP1, my system runs bery smooth and stable. Except for 1 problem. For some reason I cannot play any form of streaming media. Not in my browser (IE, FireFox), nor in any media player (WMP, Real, Quicktime).
If i try to play any streaming media, whether its wma/wmv, ram/rm or even mp3, all open browsers will shut down as well as all media players. This happens as soon as it starts to load the media.

I believe that this problem has been there since I installed, but I cannot know for sure because I did not view any streaming media untill about 1-2 weeks after my install (as well as the install of all my programs).

Any help appreciated.
Thanx.
Sia.G

G

Three players,youre headed for an unstable system.For the fix however,
open WMP9,tools,options,chk the box "connect to the internet".

G

It was unchecked, and as you said, I checked it but the problem persists. Any other ideas?
I checked the box and tested it, then I restarted and tested again. Still the same prob with WMP and Real.

Ask a Question