Problem arranging icons in XP Pro :(

Reaction score
Hi all
nod.gif

I googled a problem with XP Pro that is annoying me and found a similar past thread on here https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2660921.php, I am just re-posting as the advice did not fully solve it for me, hope it is ok to revive the question. Basically I have the same problem as the OP, ie wanting to arrange my icons as I wish (specifically MyPictures) - and have them stay put regardless. To be clear: I am wanting to arrange all items, folders, files, to my own system and NOT by ANY of the options, Name, Modified, whatever. I followed the advice to go via View menu & alter 'choose details', however that just changes the possible options & Windows will still perform the unwanted rearrangement of icons even if Name is the only option. :mad: This is really bugging me and making me reluctant to make changes to my PC that will trigger the rearrangement - eg installing updates &c - even going from 'view by icons' to 'view by thumbnails' or any other change will set it off. Any help MUCH appreciated, thanks.

Ask a Question