Private distribution list (outlook 2007)

rogerdubai

Hi,

i have created a distribution list but when i send to that list ALL members
see the emails of others. i have clicked on the PRIVATE button in that
distribution list called i.e.: Agencies but still when you send ALL
recipients see the others on that list.what can be done to block any
recipient seeing the other list members emails?
i hope to get an answer soon on (e-mail address removed)

thanking you in advance,
Roger

K. Orland

Use the BCC option in your new email to Blind Carbon Copy the distribution
list. That way no one sees any addresses at all.

PS you shouldn't publicly post your email address.

rogerdubai

Oops; sorry for the email address thing;

coming back to posting; what you are basically saying is that i actually
have my distribution list in BCC - and the to: will be EMPTY right?

tx,

VT

My issue is when they hit "reply to all". Any names that are in cc or bcc
are revealed. How do I prevent that?

Brian Tillman

VT said:
My issue is when they hit "reply to all". Any names that are in cc
or bcc are revealed. How do I prevent that?

Are you sure the Bcc addresses are revealed? That information is not even
stored.

Reluctant Publisher User

Yes, it does. I received an email from someone who asked me to email her
assistant becasue she would be out, but I didn't see the assistant's email
address anywhere. She told me to hit "Reply All" and it would show, which it
did.

F.H. Muffman

My issue is when they hit "reply to all". Any names that are in cc
Yes, it does.

No, it doesn't. Period. BCC is not kept with a message.
I received an email from someone who asked me to email
her assistant becasue she would be out, but I didn't see the
assistant's email address anywhere. She told me to hit "Reply All"
and it would show, which it did.

Her assistant is set up as her delegate. When you hit reply all, it addresses
both the person and their delegate.

DZP from Rutledge Environmental

I am trying to do the same thing in both 2003 AND 2007. I want to send a
newsletter and don't want everyone to be able to see the other e-addresses.
Even when I list everyone in the blind carbon copy section, if they hit a
reply to all, EVERYONE gets a reply. THis is unacceptable. HELP!

DZP from Rutledge Environmental

When you use BCC you can STILL hit reply to all and EVERYONE will get the
message. There has to be a way that a list can be kept private, from viewing
and Responding to all. Thanks.

Roady [MVP]

Not true. When they have been BCCed, pressing Reply All will only readdress
the message with the To, From and CC addresses and not the BCC addresses.

"DZP from Rutledge Environmental" <DZP from Rutledge