PrintServer connect fail (Error message)

G

Hi

I'm looking for assistance on a print server issue I'm currently experiencing

My home network comprises 2 Dell Dimension 4500's running Win XP Home (SP1) and an old Gateway 2000 P5-60 running Win '95, and a Linksys EPSX3 10/100 Print Server, all linked by a Linksys 10/100 8 port switch. This setup has been working fine for about 2 years

About a month ago one of the Win XP machines reported a "PrintServer connect fail" message when we attempted to print from it. Removing the Print Server driver and re-installing from a cold boot rectified the problem for about a week. I'm now experiencing the same problem on both XP machines, despite having done the same rewmove and re-install procedure. That cured the problem for a few days

I can print test pages from the LinkSys Bi-Admin utility program but not from Win XP

Both Win XP machines are set up to use the XP auto update feature

Has anyone any ideas

Regard

Pau

G

Eureka
Found the solution - if anyone else is struggling with this then this seems to work

Download and install latest version of Bi-Admin (3.08) - this will then allow you to update the firmware inthe Printserver to 6018

Happy to help

Regard

Pau

Ask a Question