printing from a ms-dos program in Windows XP Pro

G

In Windows 98 I had no problem printing from my ms-dos programs. Recently I got a new computer with Windows XP Professional and I installed my ms-dos programs. These programs are working the way they should except when I try to print data from the program nothing happens. I have no problem printing from my windows based programs. This printer is not a network shared printer. Any suggestions? I am new to these newsgroups so can you please reply by email. Thank

G

tomkat said:
In Windows 98 I had no problem printing from my ms-dos programs. Recently I got a new computer with Windows XP Professional and I installed my ms-dos programs. These programs are working the way they should except when I try to print data from the program nothing happens. I have no problem printing from my windows based programs. This printer is not a network shared printer. Any suggestions? I am new to these newsgroups so can you please reply by email. Thanks

A

Art Sheppard

In the Printer Setup Program, there should be a check box "Allow DOS Programs to use this printer." If you check the box, it allows the DOS programs to enter its printed output into the Print Spooler Queue. If you have more than one printer, you need to enable DOS Programs on the printer you want to use, and set it to the default printer. I have not been able to get to this dialogue box through Settings>Control Pannel>Printers and Faxes. Maybe someone else knows a way
to enable it with out reinstalling the printer.

Ask a Question