From: "APH" <[email protected]>
Subject: Printing Banner Page
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 14:00:08 -0000
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.printing

Have recently switched from Novell to Windows Network. Where do I find how
to switch off printing a banner page with every print job. Have searched
printer porperties and cannot find it- so assume it is hidden elsewhere !

thanks

Alex
---

Alex,

Go to the properties of the printer and on the Advanced tab there should be a Separator Page button. Click this button and
see if there is a path listed to a separator page.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

APH

Bill - no, have checked that and its empty

Alex

--------------------
From: "APH" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 14:00:08 -0000
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.printing

Have recently switched from Novell to Windows Network. Where do I find how
to switch off printing a banner page with every print job. Have searched
printer porperties and cannot find it- so assume it is hidden elsewhere !

thanks

Alex
---

Alex,

Go to the properties of the printer and on the Advanced tab there should
be a Separator Page button. Click this button and
see if there is a path listed to a separator page.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread

Alan Morris\(MSFT\)

If the clients are printing to Novell servers, you need to change the
default of the Novell client.

Control Panel, NWC (or something like that) look for the banner info and
turn this off. I am assuming that the default Novell client has this
enabled since the network team turns this on by default.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

Al

No we were running Novell and yes i knew where to go to switch the baners
off, buit cannot find the right place for Windows Clients

Alex

APH said:
Bill - no, have checked that and its empty

Alex

find
how
elsewhere
! should
be a Separator Page button. Click this button and
rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the this
message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread

Alan Morris\(MSFT\)

Windows Clients do not have this setting.

When you say banner page I am assuming that you are referring to a page that
is printed that has the user name.

This is setup on the machine hosting the printer. Windows calls this the
separator page. You stated earlier you found this field blank.

If the Windows Client connects to a printer shared from a Windows server,
this configuration is on the server not the client.

Also there are printers out there that print their own separator page. This
is a setting in the driver and it's different for each printer but usually
in Printer Properties / Advanced / Print defaults / Advanced

or
Printer Properties / General / Print Preferences / Advanced

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team