Printing after SP4

Michael Lomker

I upgraded to SP4 last weekend and ever since I've been getting a lot of
Macprint id:4000 errors and some of my Macs cannot print at all:

"The TrueImage Interpreter initialization failed. (Document Name: (PEABODY))
Processing continued"

Has anyone seen this TrueImage error before?

William M. Smith

I upgraded to SP4 last weekend and ever since I've been getting a lot of
Macprint id:4000 errors and some of my Macs cannot print at all:

"The TrueImage Interpreter initialization failed. (Document Name: (PEABODY))
Processing continued"

Has anyone seen this TrueImage error before?

Hi Michael!

Go to Microsoft's Technet website http://www.microsoft.com/technet/ and
search on "TrueImage". MS has several KB articles that may be relevant to
your problem.

Hope this helps! bill

jason

William M. Smith said:
Hi Michael!

Go to Microsoft's Technet website http://www.microsoft.com/technet/ and
search on "TrueImage". MS has several KB articles that may be relevant to
your problem.

Hope this helps! bill

Unfortunately, we are having the identical problem. There are no KB
articles on Technet which specifically address the issue. Really
becoming a big problem today. Any ideas welcome!

Thanks

Jason

William M. Smith

We are having the identical problem. There are no KB
articles which address this issue. I hope that MS will
treat this as a "known issue" and create a fix. I have a
number of Macs which can no longer print to networked
printers: a BIG problem!

Hi Jason and Michael!

Have you tried removing Mac Print Services and then resinstalling them? You
shouldn't need to reapply the sp4. You may want to reboot between the
removal and reinstall.

bill

Jason Paikowsky

We've stopped and restarted the service, but removed and reinstalled. Seems
a little drastic, but maybe that's a route to take.

Meantime, I'm hoping this issue gets escalated within Microsoft: I suspect
we are not the only ones dealing with it.

Thanks for your help, Bill.

Vikas Ramnani

For the folks having problems, what is your network setup in term of Domain
Controllers, Active Directory, SFM Print Servers, MAC clients? What UAM
(with version #) are you using?

thanks
Vikas

Jason Paikowsky said:
We've stopped and restarted the service, but removed and reinstalled. Seems
a little drastic, but maybe that's a route to take.

Meantime, I'm hoping this issue gets escalated within Microsoft: I suspect
we are not the only ones dealing with it.

Thanks for your help, Bill.

jpaik

Vikas, to test the impact of SP4 and printing from Macs, we:

- back revved to SP3 on one server
- kept SP4 on server #2

print jobs from Macs to networked printers, via server #1 (with SP3) had no
problems
print jobs from Macs to networked printers, via server #2 (with SP4) did not
print

all hardware and software variables between the servers remain constant
(they are identical).

Jason
Vikas Ramnani said:
For the folks having problems, what is your network setup in term of Domain
Controllers, Active Directory, SFM Print Servers, MAC clients? What UAM
(with version #) are you using?

thanks
Vikas

jpaik

Here's some config. info:

Two Windows 2000 servers (both DCs)
Active Directory
One FSMO master (for everything)
JetDirects on HP printers (HP1200) (printers being shared off servers)
Macs are running OS9.x (latest OS9), and OSX Jag.

We removed and reinstalled Mac Print on the server still running SP4 - it
did not help (even after restarting)

No macs can print to any shared printers after SP4 is installed.

What are SFM printers?

HTH, and thanks!

Jason

Jeff Rodachy

I ran into this and was able to fix it by using a Postscript driver for my
HP LJ 4050 instead the usual PCL driver. Just a thought.

Mona

I would like to have more information. Where are the user
accounts? What is the trust relation ship between the two
DCs? From which DC the printer is shared?

Thanks,
Mona
JetDirects on HP printers (HP1200) (printers being shared off servers)
Macs are running OS9.x (latest OS9), and OSX Jag.

We removed and reinstalled Mac Print on the server still running SP4 - it
did not help (even after restarting)

No macs can print to any shared printers after SP4 is installed.

What are SFM printers?

HTH, and thanks!

Jason

Thank you for the update. I am trying to understand your network setup and
machine configurations so we can try to repro this issue.Any info you can
provide us that can help us setup a repro will be a big help.

thank you
vikas

and confers no
rights.
server #1 (with SP3) had
no server #2 (with SP4) did
not
MAC clients? What
UAM removed and
reinstalled.
Seems
a little drastic, but maybe that's a route to take.

Meantime, I'm hoping this issue gets escalated within Microsoft: I
suspect
we are not the only ones dealing with it.

Thanks for your help, Bill.
"William M. Smith"
news:BB38D527.F08E% (e-mail address removed)...