printers

Reaction score
Just a simple question. The canon s9000 is only 2400x1200, yet the Hp 7350 is rated at 4800x1200. Is canons speed the only thing that makes it better(plus print size and borderless printing). Can some shed some light on the different print qualities?

thanks

Reaction score
I can't really help much on this one, but I have still not bought myself a new printer mainly because i kept coming up against similar questions...it's a wierd area to get your head around. One thing i am pretty certain of is that the print speed IS a key factor in price...when i was looking a few weeks ago, I was astonished to see price differences of £100 or more simply based on faster print speeds. If you are happy to wait an extra 20 minutes for a single A4 colour photo print, then you can save yourself quite a lot of cash. The thing to remember is...how much value do you put on your time? I would guess that someone in a busy office will be happier to lay out more cash initially for a saving of 15-20 minutes of time on each print, than someone using the printer purely for casual home use who can leave it working in the background. In other words, don't be surprised if print speed carries more of a premium than resolution.

I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong:spin:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The Canon has the edge ...

Forget DPI ...

... if its a photographic printer, it should produce photographs. :D

Canon;
Six individual ink tanks, one for each colour.

HP;
To get into the photorealistic mode you must replace the black cartridge with a tri-colour one with light cyan, light magenta and black inks.

I personally will NOT purchase another HP for photographic work ... it costs a small fortune for the ink.

Ask a Question