printers problem on TS

G

Hello

I have a specific problem with printers on Terminal Server

several people logon to TS using the same login
When user "a" is logged on TS, it's default local printer became also default on TS - that's ok

But when another user let's say "b" logon to TS using the same logi
it's local default printer (other than user "a" printer) becomes default on TS so now the default printer for user's "a" sessio
is changed to printer used by user "b"

My question is
Is it possible to assign printer per session, not per username

Thanks.

G

Not that I'm aware of, (at least not when users are all logging onto one machine, i.e. TS) as network printers and all desktop settings are part of the user profile. When multiple users are logging on with the same account the only changes that are saved are those propogated by the last user that logs off

Don't have multiple users logging (concurrently) on with the same account. If you search groups.google.com for this you'll see nothing but trouble people have with the setup you're using

Patrick Rous
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Serve
http://www.workthin.co

----- Tomasz Suder wrote: ----

Hello

I have a specific problem with printers on Terminal Server

several people logon to TS using the same login
When user "a" is logged on TS, it's default local printer became also default on TS - that's ok

But when another user let's say "b" logon to TS using the same logi
it's local default printer (other than user "a" printer) becomes default on TS so now the default printer for user's "a" sessio
is changed to printer used by user "b"

My question is
Is it possible to assign printer per session, not per username

Thanks.

Ask a Question