Printers and Envelopes

Reaction score
HI,

I'm looking for a new printer, my major concern is how it handles envelopes. I do not need a multi printer, want to stay with ink jet (not laser, unless that is my only option), also need color. This is for a small business, I do about 100-200 envelopes a month. Everyone I have tried, can't take more than 3-5 at a time (even though they say 10), and I still get a lot of jams and mis-feeds, i.e. prints half on and half off. I have looked at a lot of web sites, but they rarely even mention what it does with envelopes. I do know that getting a straight path or at least only one right angle is helpful. I have checked recommendations, but again, no one comments on envelopes.Does anyone know of a printer that does a really good reliable job with envelopes? If not, do you know of websites that might address that issue? Thanks in advance!

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hi. There are dedicated envelope envelope feeders, which will (they say) take up to 75. But they are not very cheap. See a feeder HERE at £222.99. Or HERE at £143.06 (they say they are expecting more stock on 11.10.08)

Welcome to PC Review :)

Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you both for your help, I have looked into envelope feeders (seems they are more for laser printers) and more of a business solution, which is way too large for me. At this point I'm going to try to find a basic printer, with a straight path, and even though it wont do more than 10 at a time, if I can just get it to be reliable and not keep jamming like my HP5610 does now, then I think that is the best I can do. I like the Canon 4600, it has a straight path. Thanks for the help, it would have taken forever for me to find those two good options!

Gae

Ask a Question