Printer Ink

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a wesite that can supply ink for printers?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Which printer refill is it you are after? :)

Reaction score
Hi nivrip as you did not have the decency to thank me for my last post to you, I do not know why I am trying to help you again. If you were to use google you will find many sites that can solve your problem.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
w.bishop said:
Hi nivrip as you did not have the decency to thank me for my last post to you, I do not know why I am trying to help you again. If you were to use google you will find many sites that can solve your problem.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :eek:

Meeow.

Now now girls, simmer down :D

Listen up: If everybody replied to everything, generally speaking, we'd probably need a bigger hard disk on the server ;)

And on the subject of printer inks, sad to say but I haven't actually found an alternative for the official HP cartridges yet, I have an HP Photosmart 7960. The Staples own brand was particularly bad, producing a banding effect, I actually took it back for a refund.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
w.bishop said:
So this is probably why a lot of people have no manners today???

Dunno about you mate, but I never had any manners in 1956... :lol:

I don't know what the world's coming to....

Young people of today, no respect...

Back in my day, people had respect for their elders...

(I've always wondered about that one - why? I mean, why no respect for a fellow human being, regardless of age? I guess us old 'uns do know a bit more, got a lot more suss, have probably figured a few things out, but respect? Not sure about that)

Look, FWIW, I'm mannerly to everybody and I like everybody until they prove otherwise.

It's bugger-all to do with manners, it's about us all being comfortable enough with each other on this forum to know we don't have to respond to absolutely everything.

Now lighten up man, it's all good and we like having you here, ok? :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I've not had a very good experience with compatible inks either, so I'm in agreement with Flops here:nod: I decided to give them a try for our old HP Deskjet 840C, but not only do they cause banding, they also pong rather badly too:rolleyes: and leave an inky residue on the printer too.

In addition to the old printer, we also have an HP Photosmart 2575, and to be fair, the quality of HP's own inks is excellent. They are not particularly cheap, but usually seem to last around 5 - 6 months, I find, despite doing a lot of printing.

Staples have an offer onthe genuine HP inks at the moment, so it might be worth giving them a look perhaps?

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
w.bishop said:

Hi w.bishop,
Many thanks for you reply. I was not aware that it was the policy of PCR that all responses required a formal thank-you but, now that I am, I would like to express my sincere thanks for what you have done. I found your suggestion of rubberfrog.com quite useful.

As to the suggestion of using Google. I find this somewhat less useful as googling usually elicits a HUGE number of answers - too many, I find, to be of much value. I always thought that the idea of a forum was to get the individual replies from people who have actually used websites and to get recommendations from them (see rubberfrog, above). This, of course, generally eliminates the useless websites by default.

Once again many thanks for your help.

Reaction score
nivrip thank you for your nice reply. I personally do not use cartridge monkey as they do not do Epson compatable ink catridges.

Ask a Question