Printed photos darker than on computer

When printing photos that I have downloaded they print darker than how they
show on the computer. When viewing on computer they look great, when printed
out they are darker. I adjusted some pictures to show lighter but on a
friends computer they print way to light and show even lighter on his
monitor. Whjat can I do to adjust this problem?

Marknliz said:
When printing photos that I have downloaded they print darker than how they
show on the computer. When viewing on computer they look great, when printed
out they are darker. I adjusted some pictures to show lighter but on a
friends computer they print way to light and show even lighter on his
monitor. Whjat can I do to adjust this problem?

Iam having the same problem--did you find a solution?

John Inzer

Marknliz said:
When printing photos that I have downloaded they print
darker than how they show on the computer. When viewing
on computer they look great, when printed out they are
darker. I adjusted some pictures to show lighter but on
a friends computer they print way to light and show even
lighter on his monitor. Whjat can I do to adjust this
problem?
====================================
There's a possibility that you could go to the
website of your printer's mfg. and find an
updated WinXP compatible driver.

The following articles may be useful also:

(308028) Resources for Troubleshooting
Printing Problems in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308028

(314085) Troubleshooting General Printing
Problems in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314085

It may even help if you print one image and then
adjust the brightness/contrast on your monitor to
match as closely as possible. This may help you
to know how much editing the images require.

--

John Inzer
Picture It! MVP

Picture It! Support Center
http://tinyurl.com/2po2o

Digital Image Support Center
http://tinyurl.com/3xxqg

David Candy

Type in Help

Color Management overview

But your monitor and printer has to supply the info.

Graham Hughes

It is all about calibrating the monitor and printer settings so they match.
You can do this by trial and error or buy a programme which will help, do a
google search. Unfortunately if you are going to use lots of pc's they will
all be different so will all need to be calibrated.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Type in Help

Color Management overview

But your monitor and printer has to supply the info.

David Candy

The Drivers should include a colour profile for the device. NVidia actually supplies one for my monitor but normally you get them on a disk with the monitor or download them.. Modern printer drivers usually have them already installed with their drivers. This will ensure colour matching is the same on screen and print and hopefully solve their contrast/brightness problem.

Of course I assume ger brightness/contrast on her monitor is normal.