Chris

On the Pricelessware site
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2005/2005PL-CD-about.php
it says:

BEGIN
QUOTE--------------------------------------------------------------------
---

Downloading an ISO of the CD (500+ MB)

The ISO is hosted by several alt.comp.freeware newsgroup volunteers. The
ISO is available as a single file or in parts. If you would like to
download an ISO of the CD please use this link to email your request.
Subject: PL2005 download link request Requests will be answered in the
order in which they are received.

The volunteers have limited bandwidth available and must ration the
number of download requests they fulfil. Please do not share the
download links with others.

END
QUOTE--------------------------------------------------------------------

Susan Bugher

Chris said:
On the Pricelessware site
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2005/2005PL-CD-about.php
it says:
Downloading an ISO of the CD (500+ MB)
How about using BitTorrent?
Then the more popular the CD is, the easier it will be to obtain.
Any disadvantages?

IIRC newsgroup participants created temporary BitTorrent distributions for both the 2004 and 2005
CDs. The main disadvantage of an "official" BitTorrent distribution seems to be that someone has to
create it. There were no volunteers last year - maybe this year will be different. . .

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Mike Bourke

Bear in mind that from all accounts, BitTorrent has declined markedly in
popularity in the last year. Sure, some people might download and install it
purely to get the PW2006 iso, but I doubt it. Hence such a distribution
would not be of huge benefit beyond the subgroup of ACF participants who
already have BitTorrent.

Mike Bourke.