Pricelessware 2005 ISO

Bobert

For those that want it and have the ability to download and combine
rar files, the Pricelessware 2005 ISO is being posted to
alt.binaries.freeware.

Susan Bugher

Bobert said:
For those that want it and have the ability to download and combine
rar files, the Pricelessware 2005 ISO is being posted to
alt.binaries.freeware.

The Pricelessware 2005 CD page has info and links. . .

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2005/2005PL-CD-about.php

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Ash

I have seen on a download page for a Linux CD Knoppix,
that they also offers download using BitTorrent.
http://www.knoppix.net/get.php

Using this method, download can apparently be fast.

So, could BitTorrent also be offered as a download possibility
for The Pricelessware 2005 CD?

Regards
Thorkild Dalsgaard

My understanding is that BitTorrent works best when there are
large ongoing numbers of downloaders. Each new downloader
providing access to parts of the file they have already
downloaded.

So I figure, because there were only 4 ftp requests on the
mat today when I got home today that you will still get best
service by grabbing the ftp download from a fast server and
not BitTorrent with only a couple of slower seeds available.

I gather that BitTorrent was useful during the 2005 initial
release when demand was high.

Ash

Ash

Using this method, download can apparently be fast.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Oops, I forgot to add that a good number of requesters
on fast lines have reported around 7 to 12 minutes download,
but this can drop to 3.5 hrs and 5.5 hrs for slower connections.
(or where more than a couple of people are downloading at
the same time, times can double)

Ash

Susan Bugher

Ash said:
My understanding is that BitTorrent works best when there are
large ongoing numbers of downloaders. Each new downloader
providing access to parts of the file they have already
downloaded.

So I figure, because there were only 4 ftp requests on the
mat today when I got home today that you will still get best
service by grabbing the ftp download from a fast server and
not BitTorrent with only a couple of slower seeds available.

Hi Ash,

Just wanted to say thanks for hosting/helping with the PL2005 ISO
distribution. From my POV it's a very smooth operation. I see copies of
the requests - Ashlyn and/or Burnr do the work (respond to the
requests). :)

FWIW - the total number of requests this year via the email link on the
PL2005 CD web page is 175. IOW demand tapered off sharply after the
initial rush.
I gather that BitTorrent was useful during the 2005 initial
release when demand was high.

It seemed that way to me too. Would someone like to volunteer to create
a BitTorrent for the PL2006 CD?

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware