Pretty shocking new Drink/Drive adverts

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
That would be terrifying! Makes a good point though.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
WOW!! I think I might have needed to use the loo again after that...

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
When it comes to drink driving, the scarier the better.

I'm all for it. Makes you think.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
This reminds me of the PSA add about texting and driving. The shock factor is key.,

Reaction score
Is it really that important that young people are desperate to text while driving or even using the phone?? I know that this world is defined by the "I want,Iwant it now!" sydrome.Well in the clip they got instant death on top of an instant message.
historian

Reaction score
By the way. Just what did we do to communicate to other people before we had these `phones? Did we send up smoke signals or carrier pidgeons.Or did we wait until we found a `phone box,or got home to say what we want to say.
historian

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
The problem with mobiles is that many people now are truly addicted to them. A recent study showed that huge numbers of mobile owners check their phone every ten minutes, without fail.

The penalty for use when driving, in my opinion, should be £1000 fine AND a year's ban from driving. That might make a difference to the numbers I see every day using them.

Reaction score
I was shown the PSA advert from ED's post on a recent driving course.
It was stopped from being shown in cinemas as it was too realistic!!!
But it does bring the point across!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That was disappointing, I was rather hoping to see Mad Max VI :(

I thought that one where the young girl's texting and crashes a few years ago was quite effective.

Mr Happy said:

Wow, watch out, Mr Prohibition is out and about :lol:

Good idea as it happens, gonna get me some moonshine going and make a few bob :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yeah love these Shocking drink and driving ads

The really shocking bit was when he ordered the sherry..:lol:

CSB

Reaction score
The penalities are still too little. I see people on their mobiles everyday whilst driving. One bloke just swerved out in front of us and even though we had beeped because of his carelessness, he just carried on like nothing had happened. He then continued to drive all over the place with no concerns how close he was coming to hitting the cars on the other side.

These bloody young kids who go out to impress their friends are just as dangerous if not more.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I believe cars should be fitted with some sort of device that blocks mobile signals unless they are plugged into some sort of hands free device.
Laws should also be stricter and that includes for drunk driving. I read a story once, not quite sure where, but a drunk driver knocked somebody down and was only given 6 months or there about and the judge simply said it was not his intention to go out and kill somebody, but rather just drink drive and that's all the time he could give him. :(

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Penalty should be 3 months ban for using a mobile whilst driving and £500 fine with 6 points added to licence for insurance loading purposes to stay on the licence for 5 years.

Job done no more idiots with phones stuck to there heads :nod:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
caught using the phone while driving ... car gets sent to the crusher with the mobile in it.

caught drinking and driving ... car gets sent to the crusher with you in it.

KISS :)

Ask a Question