P1000247.JPG

P1000241.JPG

P1000242.JPG

P1000233.JPG

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Very nice Mr Q! :)

I love the look of watches that stand out in the dark!

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
That is indeed a very smart watch Quad. It has such a clear face (I like watches that are easy to see these days!! ;) )

Super photos too, the detail is really amazing when clicked to full size. You must be very pleased with both camera and watch. Hope they will give you excellent and long service. :D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I have a Citizen Eco Drive - good choice! I've only had it for about 3 years, but wear it all day every day and never had any problems with it :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
As I've mentioned before I'm not a watch person (or a jewellery person either) but if I was going to choose a watch it would be one like that. It looks fabulous imo :)

But I haven't worn a watch since '96 when I got my first mobile phone and realised it had a clock on it. I'm kinda practical like that ;)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Yes I have been wearing it for two days now and it is a great time piece. I have been busy with work and could not find time to do any photography in the day time so the pictures that you see were actually taken between 11 PM and 3 AM, by the time I finished with it it was 4 AM when I uploaded the images and posted all the details.

This watch is available at Amazon UK and here is the link for anyone who cares to get it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Citizen-Dri...5AOQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330316113&sr=8-1

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I did a review of the watch as a write-off for products that are environmentally friendly at the Epinions website

Link

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I did a review of the watch as a write-off for products that are environmentally friendly at the Epinions website

Link
A jolly good review, if I might say so Quad. You have actually answered a few questions which had been buzzing around in my mind... such as the "mechanics" of recharging the watch. :thumb:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Very well written review! Have you changed the strap or are you keeping the original one?

This is the one that I've got - the price has shot up since I got it! Citizen Eco Drive They are great watches.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Very well written review! Have you changed the strap or are you keeping the original one?

This is the one that I've got - the price has shot up since I got it! Citizen Eco Drive They are great watches.

I actually ordered the new strap for the watch and should be in on Saturday. I will replace it and take a picture of the watch just to show how much of a change it makes just by changing a strap on a watch if selected based on the watch design.

I am a sucker for Roman numerals and always thought it made the face of watch look very classic and graceful, these two words my dear, I have always associated with your personality if I may be allowed to say it. :) The watch you have even matches perfectly with your avatar :bow:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
A jolly good review, if I might say so Quad. You have actually answered a few questions which had been buzzing around in my mind... such as the "mechanics" of recharging the watch. :thumb:

Glad you found the review useful. Yes the mechanics of this watch are unique to all solar powered watches and the dial on the watch is basically the light sensor and the charging mechanism is underneath it, so whenever the face of the watch is exposed to light it charges the battery. However, there is a safety mechanism built-in too which prevents the battery to be over charged. Nifty technology, isn't it? :nod:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I actually ordered the new strap for the watch and should be in on Saturday. I will replace it and take a picture of the watch just to show how much of a change it makes just by changing a strap on a watch if selected based on the watch design.

I am a sucker for Roman numerals and always thought it made the face of watch look very classic and graceful, these two words my dear, I have always associated with your personality if I may be allowed to say it. :) The watch you have even matches perfectly with your avatar :bow:

Aw thanks! :blush:

Looking forward to seeing your new strap!

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
It is indeed nifty technology Quad and, great to think there will be no more battery-changes needed. Mine always seem to fail just when I most need my watch(es).... I have at least half a dozen lying around, waiting to be provided with new batteries!

Becky, what a gorgeous watch. II too think it looks very elegant and attractive. Square/oblong watch-faces have always been a particular favourite of mine, they always look so neat. Great to know that it has been giving you such reliable service too.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
It is indeed nifty technology Quad and, great to think there will be no more battery-changes needed. Mine always seem to fail just when I most need my watch(es).... I have at least half a dozen lying around, waiting to be provided with new batteries!

Becky, what a gorgeous watch. II too think it looks very elegant and attractive. Square/oblong watch-faces have always been a particular favourite of mine, they always look so neat. Great to know that it has been giving you such reliable service too.

From what you say, you sure need an Eco-Drive, buy one and you can join the club with Becky and me already as members promoting environment friendly watches :) If you need help in selecting I can volunteer and pick five gorgeous ones to select from based on your budget. :cool:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Amazon is too good, they sent the strap one day earlier! I could not wait to replace it. Took a few pictures and here they are for you to comment on. :)

P1000256.JPG

P1000264.JPG

P1000265.JPG

P1000269.JPG

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
nice upgrade :thumb:

the day or date is wrong. :p

Ask a Question