PRB: Cannot install XP Embedded SP1 (SP2)

I am trying to install Windows XP Embedded SP2 on my PC (but the title says
"Welcome to Windows XP Embedded SP1"). Anyway I passed the Tools Setup
installation, the Database Engine Setup skipped, because I have installed the
SQL 2005 Express already. So the next step it just keeps giving me this error
message:

" An ERROR occurred while attaching the database to SQL Server, file
D:\Windows Embedded Data\MantisSQLB_Data.mdf, message: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL
Server Driver][SQL Server] Invalid column name 'master_server'.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] File activation failure. The
physical file name "E:\Windows Embedded Data\MantisSQLDBEVAL_log.LDF" may be
incorrect.
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]New log file 'D:\Windows
Embedded Data\MantsSQLDB_Data_log.LDF' was created.
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Converting database
'MantisSQLDBEval' from version 539 to the current version 611.
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]database 'MantisSQLDBEval'
running the upgrade step from version 539 to version 551.
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]database 'MantisSQLDBEval'
running the upgrade step from version 551 to version 552.
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]database 'MantisSQLDBEval'
running the upgrade step from version 552 to version 553.

I dont know why it when from D: drive to E:, if the installation location
was pointed to D:\Windows Embedded Data\.

Thanks for your help.

Johnny

John Coyne \(eMVP\)

Johnny,

Your best bet would be to Start clean, and install the MSDE that comes
with the toolkit, then do the updates to SP2 I have seen some random
oddities when trying with with SSE 2005

By the way, the toolkit when you purchase it says "with SP2" but the
process is still that of an upgrade. You install XPE with SP1, then
upgrade the DB Engine , upgrade the DB, and upgrade the tools.

HTH,
John Coyne (eMVP)
Arrow OCS