.pps not working to :Michael Koerner

NL

Michael and whoever,\
The option is there but when isave as a.pps it is save
with the default windows icon and when double clicked it
opens like a .ppt not the autorun feater of .pps
Thanks
NL

Are you saying that the option to save as a power point
show .pps is not there, or when you save using that
option and open again using PowerPoint that it opens in
the edit mode? If it is the latter, then that is how it
is supposed to work. if you change the extension to .pps
through Explorer, and then open it what happens?

--
<>Please post all follow-up questions/replies to the
newsgroup<>

NL wrote in message [email protected]...
My new PowerPoint program (XP),will not save a file as
a .pps (power point show)it saves without the proper icon
and opens as a regular .ppt file.
Any ideas?

I installed office XP on a computer runing in windows 98.
Thanx

Echo S

Sounds as if you need to fix your file associations in
Windows.

Open up a Windows Explorer folder, find the File Types
dialog box, and make sure the "show" or "open" option has
this in the "application to perform this action" box:

"I:\OFFICE11\POWERPNT.EXE" /s "%1"

Of course, you'll replace my path to PowerPnt.EXE with
your path to it. But make sure you have that /s in there.

Sorry, I don't have Win98 loaded here, so I can't give
you more specific instructions right now.

--
Echo [MS PPT MVP]
http://www.echosvoice.com

[...]

.

Michael Koerner

In Win98 Explorer, click on View | folder Options | File Types | Scroll down until you find "Microsoft PowerPoint Slide Show" | Edit | make sure the default action (bolded) is Show

--
<>Please post all follow-up questions/replies to the newsgroup<>
<><><>Do Provide The Version Of PowerPoint You Are Using<><><>
<><><>Do Not Post Attachments In This Newsgroup<><><>
Michael Koerner [MS PPT MVP]