PP2007 "Typewriter" animation and sound effect

KC

When I animate text with the

- color typewriter

or

- appear (by letter)

I'd like to add the "typewriter" sound effect... like the sound of a
teletype as the letters appear.

It seems to do a single "click" at the end of typing all the letters.

Any fix?

KC

John Wilson

KC if you have selected "animate text by letter" then you should get your
sound with each letter. What sound is shown in the sound box above "After
Animation"?

John

KC

I don't see "animate text by letter". This is what I've done.

Create a blank slide (new presentation)
Type in a simple sentence "Here is my message"
Highlight the entire line of text
Custom Animation
Add Effect, Appear
Right-click the animation, Effect Options, Animate Text: By Letter, Sound:
Typewriter, 0.1 second delay between characters

Next, Play or View the slide, I get the text rattling out properly (like it
was typed), but the sound... I get 1 click for about every 10 characters.

KC

KC

I have all the latest SPs in Vista and Office 2007.

I *don't* have a local printer (it's networked)...

Is this a known problem?

Can I fix it by installing a driver alone or must I keep a printer attached?

Sam

KC

John, Lucy,

I use the 'default' networked printer for b&w, and had forgotten I had a
local Epson photo printer.

As a test, I made the Epson the default and powered it up (I'm
superstisious)...

Unfortunately, I get no change in behavior at all. So... I decide to get
simpler.

In PP 2007 using plain text animation set to appear, let's try all the
sounds...

Applause -- works fine...
the next arrow, bomb, breeze, cash register do nothing
Chime -- works fine
and so on. Some work, some do not.

So... I suspect there's something wrong with the sound files maybe...

Let's visit
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\MEDIA

All the sounds files appear to be fine. bomb, breeze, cash register sound
ok when played in Windows Media Player

Retry them in PP 2007... same result. Some will always work, while the
others always do not.

Help!

KC

KC

I've found an obscure post that suggests that if the WAV file properties
"details" shows an incorrect length, the file won't play correctly.

The length of my CASHREGISTER file property is zero... the length is 1 for
applause and chimes.

I'm searching for a way to confim this bug and perhaps correct it if the
fault lies there.

KC

morgan johnson

hi do u know me i know u what is my name.....

KC wrote:

PP2007 "Typewriter" animation and sound effect
13-Feb-08

[...]

Worked fine for me.
Worked fine for me. Could you have the slow text problem caused by no local
printer driver? Also do you have SP1 installed?
--
Amazing PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

http://www.PPTAlchemy.co.uk
http://www.technologytrish.co.uk
email john AT technologytrish.co.uk

:

I have all the latest SPs in Vista and Office 2007.
I have all the latest SPs in Vista and Office 2007.

I *don't* have a local printer (it's networked)...

Is this a known problem?

Can I fix it by installing a driver alone or must I keep a printer attached?

Sam

"John Wilson" <john AT technologytrish.co DOT uk> wrote in message

Hi KCYep - PowerPoint 2007 is very dependant on the printer driver for all
Hi KC

Yep - PowerPoint 2007 is very dependant on the printer driver for all sorts
of things. Don't ask me, all I know is adding a local printer driver (and
not necessarily a local printer) fixes many glitches :)

How to install a local printer driver
http://pptfaq.com/FAQ00605.htm

How to select a default printer
http://pptfaq.com/FAQ00131.htm

Lucy

--
Lucy Thomson
PowerPoint MVP

It is a known problem and anyway it costs you nothing to try!
It is a known problem and anyway it costs you nothing to try! You just need a
local default printer enabled - it doesn't need to actually exist. Make it
one of the ones supplied in Vista
--
Amazing PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

http://www.PPTAlchemy.co.uk
http://www.technologytrish.co.uk
email john AT technologytrish.co.uk

:

Re: PP2007 "Typewriter" animation and sound effect
Sorry John, thought you would be in bed :)

Lucy

--
[...]

I probably should be in bed!
I probably should be in bed! Trish is flying around Tanzania in a Piper Cub
and I'm watching computers. I figure she's got the best deal!!
--
Amazing PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

http://www.PPTAlchemy.co.uk
http://www.technologytrish.co.uk