PowerPoint Powerpoint - VB Code to navigate user back to original slide

Reaction score
Hi folks:

I'm a complete newbie on here, but not completely unfamiliar with VB code - I'm fairly decent at reading code, but horrible at programming it. Thus my post today.

Scenario I'm trying to handle though PowerPoint:
We have 17 teams that each have their own set of access needs. This results in 17 different processes that are used when a new resource is added to the mix. So for one team there may be 10 different accesses needed to get the resource up and running. There is overlap between the systems used by these teams, so documenting how to get access for one system can be one slide and one flow diagram.

What I am doing is creating a master file that will have the list of accesses for each team and each of these list items then link to a slide that has the links, data and flow chart needed to walk the requestor through the process requesting access. To date this has resulted in 50 different slides - One splash screen - One master - 17 team slides and 31 step-wise process slides.

The presentation works like this . . . Each team has their own main slide. This slide links to multiple slides, each one covering a different type of access request (complete with hyperlinks and data to fill out forms). Once the system access process is followed, the user will click a shape to take them back to the page that tells them the next system a new resource needs access to. They repeat the process for each system. Where my issue arises is with getting each person back to their team slide after they have finish requesting any given access.

To me, the easiest approach would be to set a global variable that fires when the resource leaves the team slide. In my attempt, I called this "From_Page". Then, regardless of which team is using this file, the From_Page value would always be set to the correct team slide index, until they navigate back to their team slide and click on the next slide that provides the steps for the next set of access.

here is what I've written for setting the variable value:

Sub OnBoardPaging()
Public From_Page As Long
With OnLeaveSlide
Set From_Page = ActiveWindow.View.Slide.SlideIndex
End With
End Sub

It seems to work ok. Now, I stumble when trying to create code to get the user back to their team slide - I've provided an object on the detail slide that I've named "LeftArrow1". What I would like to do is have a click of "LeftArrow1" take the user back to the team slide they originally came from. I've tried using ppActionLastSlideViewed and I've tried using ppMouseClick in conjunction with LeftArrow1 and with the value sitting in "From_Page", but everything I try errors. I know this has to be silly simple :blush: But my brain isn't versed in doing this stuff, so I'm stuck.

Can anyone help me? A thousand thanks in advance!

Sewerurchin.

Ask a Question