PowerPoint Select Powerpoint Shape based on its position on slide

Reaction score
I have a Powerpoint template that contains various layouts. The vast majority of these layouts have a title placeholder, several text placeholders and one or more content placeholders. On the vast majority, there is a text placeholder located 0.99cm from the top of the slide and 1.14cm from the left of the slide.

I would like to be able to update all of the text boxes / placeholders in this position throughout the presentation to contain the same text - but can not work out how to select this shape based on it's position.

I don't think I can use the shape name or index number because it is different on each slide.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
If you want a text box with the same text on all the slides, you can add it to the slide master and it should show up on all slides that use that master. You may have to reapply the slide layouts once you change the master, depending on how much customization you've already done to the slides.

Reaction score
I think I found the solution I was after - running through each shape in each slide, and checking if there was a shape that had a certain left and top measurement. When I converted the left measruement to points it worked fine, but with the top measurement it wasn't working. In the end I used "If sh.Top >28 and sh.Top<29" and that selected the shapes I was after on each slide.

Ask a Question