PowerPoint Powerpoint slideshow shuts down computer

Reaction score
I have a win7 32 bit desktop pc running powerpoint 2010. When running certain slideshow presentations the computer will suddenly say windows shutting down and will orderly shut down. It will happen totally randomly but last time it happened a jpeg was inserted into the presentation. I have temp. replaced the pc with another with xp and office 2010 and still does it so its not hardware. Any ideas?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Is Office 2010 on both computers up to date ?
Is it the same slide show causing the same problem on both computers ?

Reaction score
Memory address issues maybe?

Try swapping RAM in and out and running presentations each time

No BSOD code?

Reaction score
I've seen different types of drawing objects cause this in PowerPoint before, specifically corrupt Visio Drawings.

Reaction score
do you have a server of any kind installed on both computers? I once had a problem with my power point but it was because i had my wamp server open and the editor i was using in the wamp server was interfering with my power point somehow. I just made sure that the server was closed whenever i opened power point. Or it could possibly be a virus. Good luck :)

Ask a Question