Powerpoint font stuck on PMingLiU

Dan

I have a number of autoshapes that have text in them,
formatted with bullets (*) and sub-bullets (-). All of
the text is Arial and that's how I want it to stay.

However, at the very last character, when I hit return to
start a new line, Powerpoint gets confused and believes
that "PMingLiU" is the selected font. After I type a
letter is reverts to Arial, but this is a problem because
I want to distribute this file as a template and I can't
have anything come back incorrectly formatted.

I've now removed all foreign language fonts and manually
deleted mingliu.ttc but it still is stuck.

Can anyone help?
Thanks!
- Dan

Kathy J

Dan,
Does it help to use Format--> Replace fonts and replace the PMingLiU font
with Arial?

--
Kathryn Jacobs, Microsoft MVP PowerPoint and OneNote
Author of Kathy Jacobs on PowerPoint - Available now from Holy Macro! Books

I believe life is meant to be lived. But:
if we live without making a difference, it makes no difference that we lived

Glen Millar

Hi,

In addition to that, do you have Asian support installed for Office. If so,
do you need it?

Glen Millar
Microsoft PPT MVP
http://www.powerpointworkbench.com/
Please tell us your ppt version, and get back to us here
Remove spaces from signature
Posted to news://msnews.microsoft.com

Steve Rindsberg

I have a number of autoshapes that have text in them,
formatted with bullets (*) and sub-bullets (-). All of
the text is Arial and that's how I want it to stay.

However, at the very last character, when I hit return to
start a new line, Powerpoint gets confused and believes
that "PMingLiU" is the selected font. After I type a
letter is reverts to Arial, but this is a problem because
I want to distribute this file as a template and I can't
have anything come back incorrectly formatted.

Position the cursor at the last character or even the next to the last
character to make sure, then press DELETE a couple times. Retype any text you
deleted if necessary.

Save and see if that solved the problem for that text box.

--
Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com

DANIEL RAICHE

I was able to change the font to MingLiU, however, when I try to use Replace Fonts the only options to replace the font MingLiU with are MingLiU or PMingLiU. I can't get Arial to appear in the lower dropdown box.

So unfortunately that doesn't solve it.
- Dan

DANIEL RAICHE

I've removed Asian support, which I don't need. But unfortunately that doesn't solve it.
- Dan

DANIEL RAICHE

I've tried deleting the end of the line, the ending text, and all of the text. No matter what I do, after I type a line and hit enter, the Font dropdown selector shows "MingLiU" until I type the first character, when it switches to Arial.

So unfortunately I think I'm stuck!
- Dan

Steve Rindsberg

I've tried deleting the end of the line, the ending text, and all of the
text. No matter what I do, after I type a line and hit enter, the Font
dropdown selector shows "MingLiU" until I type the first character, when it
switches to Arial.

If you want to email me a *SMALL* version of the presentation, perhaps just one slide
that demonstrates the problem, I'd be happy to have a look.

steve at-sign pptools dot com

If you can't get it down to a meg or two max, don't email it; it'll get rejected or
deleted, one of the two.
So unfortunately I think I'm stuck!
- Dan

"Steve Rindsberg" <href="mailto:[email protected]"(e-mail address removed)>
wrote in message
href="In article
<href="mailto:[email protected]"[email protected]
bl>,

--
Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
PPTools: www.pptools.com
Featured Presenter, PowerPoint Live 2004
October 10-13, San Diego, CA www.PowerPointLive.com

Joined
Jul 21, 2014
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Don't know if this was ever resolved, but for information, I suspect that the issue was that the keyboard was set for an input language of Chinese, rather than English. I've just had a similar issue... I suspect there is some random keyboard shortcut which does this, becasue I certainly didn't do it intentionally, but the fix was to remove the offending installation.