Power Settings XP Pro Multiple Users

I have XP Pro installed on my home computer with multiple users defined.
I recently added an administrative user and demoted all the other users to
"limited" and it appears to me that only the administrative user's power
settings are used, even though the control panel for a given user may display
different values left over from when he had administrative priviliges.

Is there a single power settings for the PC or is there one for each user?

Thorsten Matzner

mrojava said:
I have XP Pro installed on my home computer with multiple users defined.
I recently added an administrative user and demoted all the other users to
"limited" and it appears to me that only the administrative user's power
settings are used, even though the control panel for a given user may display
different values left over from when he had administrative priviliges.
Is there a single power settings for the PC or is there one for each user?

Power settings are machine-specific, not user-specific.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Thorsten,
I think you have it reversed Thorsten.
Power Settings are per user, not per machine.

Last logged on administrator however controls the power settings.
So are you rebooting between logons?
Do the administrator power settings retain between reboots if another user
logs on first?

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

<From: Thorsten Matzner <[email protected]>
<Subject: Re: Power Settings XP Pro Multiple Users
<Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 10:48:15 +0100
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage
<
<Power settings are machine-specific, not user-specific.
<
<--
<(tm)
<ICQ: 192649233