Power Policy Manager unable to set Active Policy: Access Denied

G

RE: Power Policy Manager unable to set Active Policy: Access Denie
PROBLEM: When a standard domain user wants to amend the Home/Office Power Scheme within the Power Options and applies the changes the user is presented with the following Error message "Power Policy Manager unable to set Active Policy: Access Denied"

QUESTION: Would someone kindly let me know which setting(s) within which non-local Group Policy I should change to allow all standard Domain users to alter their Power Options to their specification.

Thank you kindly for your help :-

Anthony.

T

Torgeir Bakken (MVP)

Anthony said:
RE: Power Policy Manager unable to set Active Policy: Access Denied
PROBLEM: When a standard domain user wants to amend the Home/Office Power Scheme within the Power Options and applies the changes the user is presented with the following Error message "Power Policy Manager unable to set Active Policy: Access Denied".

QUESTION: Would someone kindly let me know which setting(s) within which non-local Group Policy I should change to allow all standard Domain users to alter their Power Options to their specification.

Hi

If you don't want to make them local administrators for their machines, this thread shows you a "hack" to give them the right to change the power scheme:

http://groups.google.com/[email protected]

Ask a Question