Postcard in PowerPoint '97

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to create a standard sized postcard (6.25x4.25) in PowerPoint, but having some problems. I originally created the two sides for the postcard in MS Word '97, but when I try to add a background color, it screws up the font and the pics overlap each other. I tried in MS Paint (bitmap), but when I try to resize any of the pics, they lose a lot of quality-so I'm now trying PowerPoint....so anyhow, in PowerPoint I would be able to save the two files in a few different file formats that I need in order for them to be printed at one of the online printing companies (eg. GIF, Metafile, JPEG)...

I copied what I needed from MS Paint into PowerPoint, and then inserted the two bitmap pics I needed for the one side, but when trying to save the finished file(in PP) to the desktop it wouldn't do so...it asked if I wanted to export all slides or just the one, so I chose no (to just export the one) and then nothing would get saved to the desktop or anywhere from what I could find/see....I'm new to using PowerPoint, so maybe I'm absolutely missing something. Is it just that PP is only for slide shows/presentations? Or are you able to also create a document(like in MS Word) and simply print out just that one document?....I chose a blank template, sized it in page setup, pasted the bitmap document into PP (via cntrl c and cntrl v), resized the pics that I imported from a separate bitmap file, and then tried to save.

Anyone with any ideas? Or am I just not using the correct template in PP or missing/skipping other needed functions/formatting procedures to get this done?? Sorry so long

Chris

Ask a Question