Portal for the HoloLens

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Check out this awesome Portal project that a user has developed!

:eek: :bow:

If you haven't heard of the HoloLens, it's an augmented reality headset developed by Microsoft. Currently you can only buy it if you're a developer or a business, and it costs a lot of money, but damn if it isn't impressive!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
So is he using his own apartment with the Portal stuff sort of superimposed on it ? Looks neat whatever. :thumb:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
So is he using his own apartment with the Portal stuff sort of superimposed on it ? Looks neat whatever. :thumb:

Yup, the background images you're seeing are real life, and the portals / portal gun etc are superimposed. Clever stuff eh?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Yeah me too! Shame they're so expensive though. The developer edition is currently £2,719 and the commercial version is £4,529! Think I'd have to sell a kidney :eek:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Yeah me too! Shame they're so expensive though. The developer edition is currently £2,719 and the commercial version is £4,529! Think I'd have to sell a kidney :eek:

Hmm would it be worth while selling me Royal Enfield to get the loot for one of these ? :eek:

Ask a Question