Popup Notification utility for new Hotmail messages?

T

t.cruise

I do NOT want to use MS Messenger, and MSN isn't my ISP. I use Magic Mail Monitor set at
10 minute polling for my ISP's POP3 mail server, and see, then either delete new email
directly from the server, or double click the header and the message opens in Notepad. I
can even do a quick reply by right clicking the header and clicking on Quick Reply which
brings up a compose window from my default email program. Unfortunately, Magic Mail
Monitor only works with POP3 mail servers. Is there any third party utility that will let
me know when new Hotmail messages are received? I realize that I can't expect all of the
features that Magic Mail Monitor has. But, at least I'd like to be informed when new
Hotmail is received, and the sender/subject of the new Hotmail messages. BTW Magic Mail
Monitor is FREEWARE, and I highly recommend it for anyone using POP3 email accounts. It
will do multiple accounts, and really cuts down the percentages of infecting your system
with viruses/worms since it opens messages you select (leaving the original on the server)
in Notepad/text form, and is a quick way of deleting SPAM by just highlighting the message
headers and deleting them, which will delete message from the server without them ever
being downloaded. Also, since by default only the message headers are downloaded, you
don't have to waste time waiting for you email client to download entire SPAM messages. I
find Magic Mail Monitor indispensable. Check it out at:

http://mmm3.sourceforge.net/

T.C.

R

Richie

Yes, and it's free, I used to use it, and you can load
hotmail, aol, yahoo, msn, your own pop3

It's called the "ePrompter', very easy to configure, site
name is the same
-----Original Message-----
I do NOT want to use MS Messenger, and MSN isn't my
ISP. I use Magic Mail Monitor set at
10 minute polling for my ISP's POP3 mail server, and
see, then either delete new email
directly from the server, or double click the header and
the message opens in Notepad. I
can even do a quick reply by right clicking the header
and clicking on Quick Reply which
brings up a compose window from my default email
program. Unfortunately, Magic Mail
Monitor only works with POP3 mail servers. Is there any
third party utility that will let
me know when new Hotmail messages are received? I
realize that I can't expect all of the
features that Magic Mail Monitor has. But, at least I'd like to be informed when new
Hotmail is received, and the sender/subject of the new
Hotmail messages. BTW Magic Mail
Monitor is FREEWARE, and I highly recommend it for
anyone using POP3 email accounts. It
will do multiple accounts, and really cuts down the
percentages of infecting your system
with viruses/worms since it opens messages you select
(leaving the original on the server)
in Notepad/text form, and is a quick way of deleting
SPAM by just highlighting the message
headers and deleting them, which will delete message
from the server without them ever
being downloaded. Also, since by default only the
message headers are downloaded, you
don't have to waste time waiting for you email client to
download entire SPAM messages. I

G

G. Swift

PopTray is free, and also has a plug-in to check hotmail accounts
(though I have not used that plug-in myself, so can't vouch for it).
Check it out at www.poptray.org .

I do NOT want to use MS Messenger, and MSN isn't my ISP. I use Magic Mail Monitor set at
10 minute polling for my ISP's POP3 mail server, and see, then either delete new email
directly from the server, or double click the header and the message opens in Notepad. I
can even do a quick reply by right clicking the header and clicking on Quick Reply which
brings up a compose window from my default email program. Unfortunately, Magic Mail
Monitor only works with POP3 mail servers. Is there any third party utility that will let
me know when new Hotmail messages are received? I realize that I can't expect all of the
Hotmail is received, and the sender/subject of the new Hotmail messages. BTW Magic Mail
Monitor is FREEWARE, and I highly recommend it for anyone using POP3 email accounts. It
will do multiple accounts, and really cuts down the percentages of infecting your system
with viruses/worms since it opens messages you select (leaving the original on the server)
in Notepad/text form, and is a quick way of deleting SPAM by just highlighting the message
headers and deleting them, which will delete message from the server without them ever
being downloaded. Also, since by default only the message headers are downloaded, you
don't have to waste time waiting for you email client to download entire SPAM messages. I
find Magic Mail Monitor indispensable. Check it out at:

http://mmm3.sourceforge.net/

T.C.

Greg Swift
email: gjs at ctm-inc dot com

Ask a Question