POP3 & SMTP

mznette

Hello,
I'm trying to set up my Windows Email and when it comes to the POP3 &
SMTP I'm not quite sure what I need to put there in order to send and receive
emails from my windows. Could someone please help me with this I've tried
everything and nothing works. I don't see anywhere online for assistance with
this I'm not sure if you put microsoft.pop3.com & microsoft.smtp.com because
when I tried that it didn't work. I hope to get a response back from someone
here's another email address to forward your response to:
(e-mail address removed)

Dave

Windows Mail can not access http accounts.
If you wish to access your Hotmail account like you did in Outlook Express,
you'll need to use the newer Windows Live Mail program.

However, you can now access Hotmail/Msn/Live accounts via POP3 (email is
downloaded
to your computer).
http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry
Windows Mail is coded to reject Hotmail addresses, but you can fool it by
entering a fake address ([email protected]), then renaming it after the
account is set up ([email protected]).

Gary VanderMolen

Which account are you trying to set up in Windows Mail,
Verizon or Hotmail or something else? The server names depend on
who your mail service provider is.

I'm trying to set up a Yahoo account in

Dave said:
Windows Mail can not access http accounts.
If you wish to access your Hotmail account like you did in Outlook Express,
you'll need to use the newer Windows Live Mail program.

However, you can now access Hotmail/Msn/Live accounts via POP3 (email is
downloaded
to your computer).
http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry
Windows Mail is coded to reject Hotmail addresses, but you can fool it by
entering a fake address ([email protected]), then renaming it after the
account is set up ([email protected]).

t-4-2

If you can't even bother to type in your own message/problem, you don't
deserve an answer.
If you are trying to set up a Yahoo account, SAY SO !!!
t-4-2

"I''m trying to set up a Yahoo account in"

Gary VanderMolen

There was no text added in the body of your last post.
If you want to set up a Yahoo email address, be advised that
US-based free Yahoo accounts have webmail access only,
no POP access. Windows Mail handles POP mail but not Yahoo webmail.
Yahoo's solution is to pay them for premium "Mail Plus" service:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/overview/index.html
and use the special settings for that service:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-14.html

If you are OK with using a non-Yahoo email address, you have these other
solutions that will work with Windows Mail:
* Use the email address assigned to you by your ISP.
* Use a free Gmail, AOL, or Hotmail/Live account.

You can also continue to use Yahoo's webmail: http://mail.yahoo.com
If you need more help with any of these solutions, just ask.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

Sam Hobbs

If this reply was not intended to be posted, then please say so since there
seems to be a bug causing replies such as this to be created without our
knowledge.

"I'm trying to set up a Yahoo account in" <I'm trying to set up a Yahoo