PNY Verto nVidia GeForce FX5700LE 128Mb TVout/DVI - The Lowdown!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yeah let me know if you find out kenny won't you.;)

I need a stable overclock that i can lock the card to for my customer what do you recommend chris, nothing to hyper :eek: just a decent increase in horse power and so it doesn't run to warm for longevity....you got me....savvy....

Reaction score
What are the stock clock speeds at the mo? Are they the "normal" 225 core/ 400 memory?

My penny-and-a-half... minimum 275 core/ 440 memory. Will be absolutely stable at those speeds and not too hot either, as long as your client will not be playing Doom3 or half-life 2...
But i`m not Chris so... :)

Kenny

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Thanks kenny for the info.....right just clocked to those specs and is running sweet and i have installed half life 2 on this machine to see how good this leadtech card is and i must say i'm impressed.

Medium Detail and it is playing very smoothly this card i recommend to anyone, its got a superb alloy heatsink and winfast fan assembly attached as standard :thumb: and you can hardly hear it.

It's also got it's own Speedrunner overclocking utility from leadtek, coupled with that superb alloy heatsink and fan, leadtek obviously have expanded on those overclocking abilities...

Thanks for all your assistance on this matter kenny,:) and chris for the initial 5700le review of which i wouldn't have bought this particular card without.:D

I think my man will be more than pleased...;)

Reaction score
It plays half-life 2 no bother? excellent! well... i`ve learned something from this as well :) I didnt think the 5700LE would be able to cut it... :-D

I think you`re the first persaon i`ve ever helped out on this forum! :) YEE-AS!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Can't push it too high chris its for a customer..don't wanna burn it up now do i. :p

for your info chris using the leadtek speedrunner utility it will go to 295/ 510 but as it's not my card too scared :eek: to keep it there to run benchmarks, so leadtek really know there stuff with these cards don't they, it may also have slighlty faster memory on the winfast cards, that iv'e heard on other forums.

3dmark03 gives me 2197 marks not bad i'm sure you'l agree considering i have locked it on a more conservative 275/ 440, but yes this thing is a flying machine and superb overclocker.:D

Thinking about buying another one of these for my spare pc.

Reaction score
thats a damn fine score for those speeds... thats not far off my scores when I had 500/485!!! hopefully my new mobo/proc will help my scores, although I think 3DMark tries to put all the work on the GPU...

Reaction score
you should at least be able to hit a substained 300. since its the same gpu as the reg 5700. the only prob you may run into, is they may have switched to a lower quality memory or cooling for the gpu. even still, spend 15 on cooling and you doubled the worth of the card with the 5700 speeds at a constant rate. ;) if that isnt ok, check out power color's 9800se. If you check out the post on it on here you'll see why. good luck

Reaction score
Hi all, from a newbie to this forum.

floppybootstomp said:
... I have the card now, have fitted it, but the Arctic VGA cooler I ordered was the wrong one ...
I've recently bought a PNY FX5700LE like some of you, and found this thread which has made interesting reading. I bought an Arctic cooler as well for a 5700 card, but it seems that the PNY card isn't to Nvidia spec, and the cooler needs 4 mounting holes whereas the card only has two. Like you say - :(

And now the fan on this card is driving me spare with its persistent whining. I've taken the fan out of its cage and tried to pad the places where it attaches, but it still makes a noise.

Has anyone found a way either to make it quiet, or else found an alternative cooler like the Arctic?

TIA for any help or advice.

Reaction score
Hows it goin? Welcome to PCreview...
Apparently there is definately an Arctic cooler with just 2 mounting pins for the card- as far as I know, all 5700LE`s have just 2 mounting pins, the PNY card is prabably normal spec, u just got unlucky with the cooler, like Mr Flops.

I have a Zalman Northbridge cooler that has adjustable attachment pins. ie the mounting holes can be moved because they`re on runners. It`s also bigger than the heatsink on the 5700LE I have (Gainward) but i`m having trouble setting up a fan for it.

I also had an idea of fitting a CPU heatsink to the card, using some inventiveness and.. probably a bit of luck. If I manage it, i`ll post some pics.
As for cooling the memory, I was looking at cutting a CPU heatsink in 2 and using thermal epoxy or similar to place the Heatsink bits across the memory to help with overclocking. Again, if I manage it i`ll let y`all know.

Kenny

P.S.... if you find a way of making a cradle, you could maybe try an 8cm fan underneath the card, blowing up. Better airflow and a lower RPM... cant hurt

Reaction score
Thanks, Kenny

I've looked at the Arctic website, and you're right, there's a "Revision 2" of the cooler which does only have the two pins. Anyway, I'm looking at the Zalman options right now. And I flogged the cooler on Ebay for £1 less than I bought it for, so that's not a complete disaster.

Reaction score
I think I saw that particular auction when i was havin a quick look at 5700 prices... its a small world :)

Reaction score
Back to the FX5700LE... whats the difference between the LE and the nomal 5700? Is the difference is much as is it is in the 6800Le/ vanilla? Ie... if I flash my card BIOS to that of a 5700... am I gonna see a jump in performance?

:)

Kenny

Reaction score
If you have your card at 5700 speeds already then probably not... the card will jut be recognised as a 5700 vanilla and the speeds will be set at 5700 stock...

You can always try it and find out :)

Reaction score
Lol.... indeed I could, but if theres little performance increase, i become lazy :)

Ask a Question