plz can someone help???!!!!

G

can someone help me with my 'puter? it crashed 3 days ago then prompted to insert windows xp home editon CD. since them it has been setting up. it only goes as far as to install half the devices then completely stops
I have tried resetting it, turning it off, selecting something else to boot from but no luck. I am almost at the end of my tether
plz PLZ plz i NEED HELP

G

You can try to go to bios and make your computer read the cd at start up before windows. Then instead of repairing the previose instalation, delete it. Then start a fresh install from start up.

W

Will Denny

Hi

See if either of the following two articles by MVP Michael Stevens help you:

"How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install"
http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

"Clean Install"
http://michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

| can someone help me with my 'puter? it crashed 3 days ago then prompted to insert windows xp home editon CD. since them it has been setting up. it only goes as far as to install half the devices then completely stops.
| I have tried resetting it, turning it off, selecting something else to boot from but no luck. I am almost at the end of my tether.
| plz PLZ plz i NEED HELP

R

roger

Hi starz21,

can someone help me with my 'puter? it crashed 3 days ago then prompted to insert windows xp home editon CD. since them it has been setting up. it only goes as far as to install half the devices then completely stops.
I have tried resetting it, turning it off, selecting something else to boot from but no luck. I am almost at the end of my tether.
plz PLZ plz i NEED HELP

When you are installing Windows, disconnect any device and leave it
only with the monitor, keyboard and mouse.
Also disconnect the speakers.

Good luck

G

thanks ppls for the advice. just tried it and nada. it didn't work :(
I tried cancelling the upgrade and I got the error message "security error, unable to install" blah blah blah... as for Joe's advice well I couldn't find anything there. all I have is advanced bios or CMOS. that is all. well I don't know what to do. I am thinking that it may be a virus that had done this to me... but I can't say for sure.
before my 'puter crashed I was running my virus scanner and it picked up something that it could not clean so it deleted it and then that is when it crashed.

Ask a Question