Plus! Alarm Clock and Sleep Timer

I've got XP Pro. Is there a way to get the Sleep Timer and Alarm clock
without buying all the other crap that comes with "Plus!"?
Will either of these programs also function as a sort of kitchen timer?
Will the sleep timer work with streaming audio?
Yes - I KNOW I could use a regular alarm clock for these things. No need to
remind me of that. I have a reason for wanting to use the computer in some
cases, and it's not necessary to explain why.
Thanks.

Plato

=?Utf-8?B?b3BlcmFmbHV0ZQ==?= said:
Will either of these programs also function as a sort of kitchen timer?

I just got done experimenting how to do soft boiled eggs. Seems 4
minutes is good at sea level for 2 eggs but note as you eat the first
one the second one [even taken out of the water] still cooks for a bit.

David Candy

You put the eggs in cold water for a few seconds after cooking .

David said:
You put the eggs in cold water for a few seconds after cooking .

Right. If you're a 3 or 4 egg soft boiled person that's the way to do
it. Otherwise, by the time you get to egg 3 and 4 the yokes are half
hard and no fun to slurp up. For just 2 eggs no special cooling
treatment is required.

Note that I wouldn't recommend 4 soft boiled eggs with toast and butter
to an office worker. But if you're doing construction or digging or
mowing or roofing you'll burn it off by noontime.
Will either of these programs also function as a sort of kitchen timer?

I just got done experimenting how to do soft boiled eggs. Seems 4
minutes is good at sea level for 2 eggs but note as you eat the first
one the second one [even taken out of the water] still cooks for a bit.

Richard Urban

Sure is. Buy the program and perform a selective install!

Oh! You meant for "free"?

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

Kelly

But if you're doing construction or digging or
mowing or roofing you'll burn it off by noontime.

The smell? :blush:)
--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Plato said:
David said:
You put the eggs in cold water for a few seconds after cooking .

Right. If you're a 3 or 4 egg soft boiled person that's the way to do
it. Otherwise, by the time you get to egg 3 and 4 the yokes are half
hard and no fun to slurp up. For just 2 eggs no special cooling
treatment is required.

Note that I wouldn't recommend 4 soft boiled eggs with toast and butter
to an office worker. But if you're doing construction or digging or
mowing or roofing you'll burn it off by noontime.
Will either of these programs also function as a sort of kitchen
timer?

I just got done experimenting how to do soft boiled eggs. Seems 4
minutes is good at sea level for 2 eggs but note as you eat the first
one the second one [even taken out of the water] still cooks for a bit.

Kelly

But is the green ring still present or is it totally yellow?

--

Plato said:
=?Utf-8?B?b3BlcmFmbHV0ZQ==?= said:
Will either of these programs also function as a sort of kitchen timer?

I just got done experimenting how to do soft boiled eggs. Seems 4
minutes is good at sea level for 2 eggs but note as you eat the first
one the second one [even taken out of the water] still cooks for a bit.

Kelly

I run them under cold water the whole time while pealing for the potato
salad. Done quickly the salad is still warm when done. Trick is to keep
the Blue Plate mayo in the pantry (not the frig) and add the egg mixture
onto the sliced hot potatoes to mix.

--

Plato said:
=?Utf-8?B?b3BlcmFmbHV0ZQ==?= said:
Will either of these programs also function as a sort of kitchen timer?

I just got done experimenting how to do soft boiled eggs. Seems 4
minutes is good at sea level for 2 eggs but note as you eat the first
one the second one [even taken out of the water] still cooks for a bit.

I have the same request. I used to travel with my pocket PC and the settings
allow me to have an alarm. However, of late I need my notebook to store
images from my digital camera so I am trying to stop carrying the pocket PC.
I need the alarm clock so that I am also on USA time to remind me to take my
medication. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks