Excel Plotting heat-map

Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to plot a heat map using two columns (Likelihood and Impact) both have range from 1 to 5. Is there any formula to show sum of combinations as show in attachment.

Regards,
Tahir

Attachments

• to b attached.PNG
    to b attached.PNG
    22.1 KB · Views: 106

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking... Do you want a formula that tells you the risk level if likelihood and impact are specified?

Reaction score
Thanks Becky for quick response.

No, I want a formula which adds the number of points using column B and C (of attached sheet's, snapshot). and show the sum on specific coordinate of heat-map (Matrix with different colors as shown).
I have manually done by taking example of 5 risks.

There are two risks with probability 2 and Impact 4 (Risk 1 and Risk 3) so "2" is being displayed on coordinates 2,4 (Likelihood, Impact), Similarly there is one risk (Risk 2) with probability 3 and Impact 5, so 1 is appearing on coordinate 3,5 and so on...

The numbers shown on matrix are entered manually. We have long lists and therefore looking for a formula to plot the data on matrix automatically when values in column B and C are entered.

Please let me know if further clarification is required.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I don't know of a way to do this I'm afraid. Is it necessary to plot the point or would it be sufficient to just give the risk profile (given the probability and impact)?

Reaction score
Plotting the point of several such items give a quick view of nature of risks in terms of severity and the chance they occur. So something need to be shown on heat-map (risk matrix) to serve the purpose.

Ask a Question