Please susggest Free Hosting and Editor I can suggest to a friend

Will

I have been asked by a friend to for advice on them setting up a family web
site.

Front Page is too expensive for them to consider.

Do any of you guys know...

1 - Free Service Hosting they may use?
2 - Free Web Editor they may use?

thanks for any help.

Tom Pepper Willett

www.google.com would be a great place to start searching for non-frontpage
related issues.
--
===
Tom "Pepper" Willett
|I have been asked by a friend to for advice on them setting up a family web
| site.
|
| Front Page is too expensive for them to consider.
|
| Do any of you guys know...
|
| 1 - Free Service Hosting they may use?
| 2 - Free Web Editor they may use?
|
| thanks for any help.

Will

Tom,

Thanks for the note. Unfortunately Google gives us to much information and
it is hard to know where to start and which of the listings are real and
which are some kind of whatever.

I was hoping someone would be kind enough to share the results of their
prior research and save us all the trouble.

Thanks,

Will

Tom J

Will said:
Tom,

Thanks for the note. Unfortunately Google gives us to much
information and it is hard to know where to start and which of the
listings are real and which are some kind of whatever.

I was hoping someone would be kind enough to share the results of
their prior research and save us all the trouble.

http://www.findmyhosting.com/

Go down the center column and fill in the answers. You'll get the
servers that fits what you are looking for, and then reviews on those
sites that would be more extensive than you'll get here.

Tom J

I figured it was not good to name something other than frontpage here.
But since you did not email me here goes. I hope you see it before it gets
deleted
www.freewebs.com

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28Crash_Gordon=AE\

Why would you think it would get deleted?

"Christa" <christajohn2000atyahoodotcom(donotspam)> wrote in message | I figured it was not good to name something other than frontpage here.
| But since you did not email me here goes. I hope you see it before it gets
| deleted
| www.freewebs.com
|
| "Christa" wrote:
|
| > email me and I will tell you one I like.
| > Christa
| >
| > "Will" wrote:
| >
| > > I have been asked by a friend to for advice on them setting up a family web
| > > site.
| > >
| > > Front Page is too expensive for them to consider.
| > >
| > > Do any of you guys know...
| > >
| > > 1 - Free Service Hosting they may use?
| > > 2 - Free Web Editor they may use?
| > >
| > > thanks for any help.

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28Crash_Gordon=AE\

Tripod is pretty popular and Angelfire too.

http://www.tripod.lycos.com/compare/compare.html

The free accounts usually have adverts or pop-ups on your site...if you can put up with that...it may be a good place to learn/start

Many of them also have some sort of site-builder feature so html knowledge is not required.

| Tom,
|
| Thanks for the note. Unfortunately Google gives us to much information and
| it is hard to know where to start and which of the listings are real and
| which are some kind of whatever.
|
| I was hoping someone would be kind enough to share the results of their
| prior research and save us all the trouble.
|
| Thanks,
|
| Will
|
| | > www.google.com would be a great place to start searching for non-frontpage
| > related issues.
| > --
| > ===
| > Tom "Pepper" Willett
| > Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
| > ---
| > About FrontPage 2003:
| > http://office.microsoft.com/home/office.aspx?assetid=FX01085802
| > ===
| > web
| > | site.
| > |
| > | Front Page is too expensive for them to consider.
| > |
| > | Do any of you guys know...
| > |
| > | 1 - Free Service Hosting they may use?
| > | 2 - Free Web Editor they may use?
| > |
| > | thanks for any help.
| > |
| > |
| > |

Protocol. Since this is a page supporting FP and Microsoft.
And it is not to advertise for other products?!?!
It is not that structured?

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28Crash_Gordon=AE\

I don't think it's structured like that at all..the only stuff that seems to majicklly disappear is porno and nasty spam. jmo

"Christa" <christajohn2000atyahoodotcom(donotspam)> wrote in message | Protocol. Since this is a page supporting FP and Microsoft.
| And it is not to advertise for other products?!?!
| It is not that structured?
|

| "Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon®)" wrote:
|
| > Why would you think it would get deleted?
| >

| > "Christa" <christajohn2000atyahoodotcom(donotspam)> wrote in message | > | I figured it was not good to name something other than frontpage here.
| > | But since you did not email me here goes. I hope you see it before it gets
| > | deleted
| > | www.freewebs.com
| > |
| > | "Christa" wrote:
| > |
> [...]

Thomas A. Rowe

In most cases if it is related to using FP and it answers a posted question, it can be posted here.

WebMaster Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
If you feel your current issue is a results of installing
a Service Pack or security update, please contact
Microsoft Product Support Services:
http://support.microsoft.com
If the problem can be shown to have been caused by a
security update, then there is usually no charge for the call.

That is what I thought.
I enjoy and value the input I have received here and did not want to step on
anyones toes.
:)

Andrew Murray

and to answer the question....Netscape has a sort-of html editor built in.
I know older versions do; I don't know about later versions.

Also try somewhere like Geocitites/Tripod etc for free hosting.

Andrew Murray

I don't believe this group is moderated (could be wrong....??), or else
since the members are pretty sensible in the posting here, moderating the
group is not necessary - everyone just gets on with what they want to ask
and get excellent responses in the process.

message I don't think it's structured like that at all..the only stuff that seems to
majicklly disappear is porno and nasty spam. jmo

"Christa" <christajohn2000atyahoodotcom(donotspam)> wrote in message
| Protocol. Since this is a page supporting FP and Microsoft.
| And it is not to advertise for other products?!?!
| It is not that structured?
|

| "Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon®)" wrote:
|
| > Why would you think it would get deleted?
| >

| > "Christa" <christajohn2000atyahoodotcom(donotspam)> wrote in message
| > | I figured it was not good to name something other than frontpage here.
| > | But since you did not email me here goes. I hope you see it before it
gets
| > | deleted
| > | www.freewebs.com
| > |
| > | "Christa" wrote:
| > |
> [...]

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28Crash_Gordon=AE\

I'm not sure. But if you watch when a porno post shows up it's usually gone within a day or so...so someone is doing something...or maybe it's automatic? dunno how usenet works.

| I don't believe this group is moderated (could be wrong....??), or else
| since the members are pretty sensible in the posting here, moderating the
| group is not necessary - everyone just gets on with what they want to ask
| and get excellent responses in the process.
|

| message | I don't think it's structured like that at all..the only stuff that seems to
| majicklly disappear is porno and nasty spam. jmo
|

| "Christa" <christajohn2000atyahoodotcom(donotspam)> wrote in message
| | | Protocol. Since this is a page supporting FP and Microsoft.
| | And it is not to advertise for other products?!?!
| | It is not that structured?
| |
| |
| | "Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon®)" wrote:
| |
| | > Why would you think it would get deleted?

| gets
| | > |
| | > |

| family web

Trevor L.

I have found that you can pick up HTML editors in cover CDs from computer
magazines - not quite free, but here in Australia, generally under $10

--
Cheers,
Trevor L., WIP (Web Interested Person)

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html