From: "ht990332" <[email protected]>
Sender: "ht990332" <[email protected]>
Subject: PLEASE PLEASE HELP! 0x800A138F
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 13:46:50 -0700

I'm getting this error when I try to update windows xp
pro sp1. I've tried to unregister the following files
iuctl.dll and iuengine.dll
Then I downloaded them again and registered them
(regsvr32.exe)
but the problem remained. i tried to delete windows
update temporary directories but without hope.
I tried everything on
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/
but nothing helped.
I also can't reinstall iesp1 or windows xpsp1 (corporate
thingy)
I could really use some help!
any suggestions? thanks in advance.

originated.