Please help

Reaction score
Hi everyone, merry christmas!

I am hoping to upgrade my system to offer better gaming than my current system. I currently have a ATI 1600 series graphics card and it really slow in new games (can only run on low resolutions with low detail!)

http://www.ocworkbench.com/2007/ecs/NF650iSLIT-A/g1.htm

I want to get a SLI system and I am looking to keep the cost down. I have spotted this motherboard and I am wondering if it will offer good enough graphics performance because the pci x16 slots used for SLI enabled will run on 8x+8x instead of two x16 slots. Will this be a serious bottleneck for my new system? Will two 8800gt's be sufficient to play games like crysis on high - very high settings?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
IMHO, ECS = Exceptionally Crappy System.

welcome to the forums :wave:

:user:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Nope, I leave that to others to search, I just pick holes in what is found. ;)

I see no reason, I'm not a 3D movie artist, to go SLi ... I'll wait for quad-sli, then I may be able to do 4 things graphically at the same time, providing there is some software that know what to do with all them cards. :D

:user:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
adz243 said:
Hi everyone, merry christmas!

I am hoping to upgrade my system to offer better gaming than my current system. I currently have a ATI 1600 series graphics card and it really slow in new games (can only run on low resolutions with low detail!)

http://www.ocworkbench.com/2007/ecs/NF650iSLIT-A/g1.htm

I want to get a SLI system and I am looking to keep the cost down. I have spotted this motherboard and I am wondering if it will offer good enough graphics performance because the pci x16 slots used for SLI enabled will run on 8x+8x instead of two x16 slots. Will this be a serious bottleneck for my new system? Will two 8800gt's be sufficient to play games like crysis on high - very high settings?

Thanks in advance :)
TBH, SLI is a waste of time imo.

One GT will be fine for all games at the mo, even Crysis. You should be able to run it on high without any probs. (Depending on the rest of your system.)

Whats the rest of your spec?

Reaction score
VR is right.

SLi is pointless unless you have a monitor larger than 26".

Last edited:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Take if from someone with 2x8800GT, Dont go SLI

one 8800GT is powerful enough, but i was caught up in marketing zazz that i bought 2 thinking it would benifit me. It hasent. :(

this tech has been out for 3 years now, you'd think they'd made it useful by now. :p

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys everyone.

I have a intel duo processor at 2.13 ghz
2gb of ram
x1600 series ati radeon graphics card
300w power supply
asus basswood motherboard (ASUS P5BW-LA)
and a 20 inch LG LCD display

Last edited:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
yea, a 8800GT will give you something like x2.7 more power over your x1600 :D

Ask a Question